1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst throwback jerseys?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was at a high school basketball game the other night, and it's damn near impossible to concentrate as the game is getting out of hand. Every time I look up in the stands, I see this guy with an orange and white No. 20 jersey. I kept thinking it couldn't be, but it was -- a freaking Heath Shuler Tennessee throwback (or maybe just one that had been in the guy's closet for 15 years).
    I didn't know it at the time, but the guy was a parent of one of our local team's players. I'm waiting for the coach to come out of the locker room after the game and he's just standing there talking to others. I had to restrain the laughter every time I glanced at that jersey. Sadly, I didn't have a camera to snap a picture and send it off to Straight Cash Homey.

Anyway, anybody else seen some awful throwbacks lately? Jerseys that the local Goodwill would throw out if you tried to give them away?

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

A friend of mine still has, and wears, a Danny Kanell Giants jersey.

Of course, I still have an original Zarley Zalapski Whalers jersey, so I can't say anything.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Latrell Sprewell Warriors Jersey

Michael Vick Falcons Jersey

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

O.J. Simpson Bills jersey

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A guy I know has a Tony Boselli Houston Texans jersey. I've also seen a Kordell Stewart Bears jersey.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Still haven't seen an O.J. Simpson 49ers jersey.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I've still got a Shea Hillenbrand Red Sox t-shirt hanging around here somewhere.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I would wear a Bill Buckner Red Sox jersey with pride.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

A John Elway Colts jersey would be pretty cool too.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm searching the Earth for a Mike Piazza Marlins jersey.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The Steve Carlton Retirement Tour Collection would be nice — his jerseys from the Giants, Twins, White Sox and Indians.

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And once you finish getting throwbacks, you should pick up a 2007 Tom Glavine or Willie Randolph jersey. ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted