1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Super Bowl player of all time

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

By far.

And how Ward, who dropped multiple key balls in the first half, was MVP over ARE is bizarre. That was among the top 10 passes in the game's history to me. On the run ... perfect spiral... deep downfield... hitting receiver in stride for a TD.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It wasn't the same starting five for each game. The original Hogs were George Starke, Joe Jacoby, Russ Grimm, Jeff Bostic and Mark May. Starke only played on the first Super Bowl team. May was gone and Grimm was a reserve when they won the third Super Bowl. By then, Jim Lachey, Raleigh McKenzie and Mark Schlereth were startes (thank you Wikipedia. I knew the names but couldn't remember the dates when the changes took place).

3. Simon_Cowbell

eugene robinson

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Eugene Robinson.

5. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Eugene Robinson.

Apparently, I am the echo in the room.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Eugene Robinson was a few times Man of the Year for the Seahawks, maybe the drunkest team of the '90s.

A genial, well-educated man from Colgate who could play a few musical instruments.

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

He most enjoyed, however, simply listening while others played the skin flute.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jim Kelly, anybody?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Most of them require multiple fingers, so it's all good.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Certainly the worst-second-half-of-a-Super-Bowl player.

They had 7 seconds on the clock at the end of XXV. You have to have a simple, quick play to run there.

47 yards, on grass, with your team losing.... just too much to ask a single player to bear.

Get him five more yards.

Dammit. And I am NO Bills fan. But I detest the lemming-like jumping onto the bandwagon that the Bills are losers because they only won four consecutive AFC championships.

And that Scotty Norwood is the poster child for it.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Cliff Harris was a great player, but patting Roy Gerela on the head, thus pissing off Lambert and the rest of the Steelers, was really stupid.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That's Neil F'n O'Donnell.

Draft saved Draft deleted