1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Super Bowl ... EVAR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 25, 2008.

?

I will put in the routs, but to me, watching a truly great team do its thing isn't nearly as bad as

1. II (Packers 33, Raiders 14)

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. IV (Chiefs 23, Vikings 7)

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. VI (Cowboys 24, Dolphins 3)

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. XII (Cowboys 27, Broncos 10)

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. XXVI (Redskins 37, Bills 24)

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  6. One of the 35+-point routs (XX, XXIV, XXVII)

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If a game sucks, at least you could say that you saw so and so in person or on TV. I would think about how many HOF players were on the field when the game was played or how many future HOF players or all time greats were playing on the winning team.

With that criteria, after a quick eyeball of the teams, I would say SB XXVII is the worst.

Who are the all timers on the field? Sapp? Brooks? Barber? Dunn? Brown? Woodsen?

Sapp might be the only all-timer from that list. Possibly Brooks. Neither team did squat afterwards.

Oh, little known sidebar. Most schools are no longer teaching roman numerals. The SB is about the last spot you will ever see them in the future.

If you have a child under 11, ask them about roman numerals. I know in Virginia, they are no longer taught.

2. 93Devil

Wasn't Lynch on the sideline joking the second half that Gruden basically told them during films that week every play the Raiders were going to run?

It was like they were the Patriots for one day.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

My least favorite, bored me to tears. Turned it off at halftime and went to bed.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I was never taught Roman numerals.... 30 years ago... either.

5. 93Devil

Really? Fifth grade for me. I still remember the poster board on the wall.

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Obviously, since the Bucs Raiders was SB XXXVII

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I think Jennifer Lopez made a couple million off of that game.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Jerry Rice. Tim Brown. Two hall of famers right there. Lynch is borderline, so are Sapp and Derrick Brooks. There was some talent in that game. Not saying it was great, but if forced at gunpoint to watch a replay of that game or Super Bowl XXXV, I'll take Bucs-Raiders in a heartbeat.
    Hell, I might rather stick a red-hot needle under my fingernails than watch a replay of Super Bowl XXXV.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I bet a friend 10 bucks the final score would be 41-7 Baltimore...

The game was terrible, but that was only because I was at a church watching the game and we didn't get to watch any commercials.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

What was so bad about SB XL?

Draft saved Draft deleted