1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Super Bowl ... EVAR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jan 25, 2008.

?

I will put in the routs, but to me, watching a truly great team do its thing isn't nearly as bad as

1. II (Packers 33, Raiders 14)

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  2. IV (Chiefs 23, Vikings 7)

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. VI (Cowboys 24, Dolphins 3)

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. XII (Cowboys 27, Broncos 10)

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  5. XXVI (Redskins 37, Bills 24)

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  6. One of the 35+-point routs (XX, XXIV, XXVII)

22 vote(s)
    61.1%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Niners-Broncos, Niners-Chargers and Cowboys-Bills were all entertaining blowouts... Same for Redskins-Broncos...

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Agreed. Same with Raiders-Redskins and Bears-Pats.

Although Broncos-Falcons is another one that could be added to the contenders here.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I lost my virginity while watching Broncos-Falcons. Wasn't boring for me ;D

Ravens-Giants in Super Bowl XXXV had no such redeeming value. Not only was I single, the game sucked ass, there was no juice leading into it, and it featured one team I despise (the Giants) and one I'm fairly indifferent on. The only good thing about it was seeing the Giants get their ass kicked.

4. Giants/Ravens was brutal.

Also, whatever number the Raiders/Bucs game would be up there, too. I watched that one on a dorm room television that's not as big as my office monitor...and it was with rabbit ears since our rooms didn't have cable. I didn't feel cheated that all of Rich Gannon's INTs were fuzzy.

5. XXXV gets my vote. I've tried to block that game out of my memory.

6. Baltimoreguy

Baltimoreguy Member

XXIV was just awful -- 49ers were up by 35 and kept running up the score on the way to 55-10. It wasn't majestic or thrilling, it was just a boring blowout with Walsh running up the score. I also though the 49ers-Chargers Super Bowl was boring as hell.

7. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Amen, plus the terrible officiating (though it alone didn't cost the Seahawks the game).

8. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford Member

I'll add Super Bowl XXVIII to that list. Underdog Raiders absolutely crushed the defending SB champion Redskins 38-9. Worst blowout up to that time in the SB. This was a great Redskin team in the regular season, too. They were 14-2 in the regular season, scored 541 points (in 1983!!!) their only two losses 31-30 against Dallas and 48-47 to Green Bay. And they'd already beaten the Raiders in the regular season, but the Raiders made Theismann look like a fool.

Food for thought for those who think the Patriots might stomp the Giants.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I was talking to a buddy about the Raiders/Bucs game earlier. Didn't the game get interesting late? I know I won our pool on a late touchdown by someone. I think it was a kick return or punt return or something.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I can't believe you actually nominated XXVI (Redskins-Bills) for worst. Granted, it wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worst by a long shot.

Having said that, I think there wasn't much of a chance that Buffalo ever wins that game. Admittedly, though I'm a Redskins fanboi looser, so I'm probably biased.

11. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

The Raiders were down 34-3 and cut it to 34-21 on two Gannon TDs and a blocked punt return. The Bucs ran a bunch of time off the clock before punting it, then returned two more picks for TDs. It was more that the Bucs' D got a bit bored after so thoroughly dominating the first 2 1/2 quarters than it was the Raiders making things "interesting."

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please. Minnesota Vikings played the worst Super Bowls EVAR.

Super Bowl 8 vs. the Dolphins and Super Bowl 9 vs. the Steelers.

Horrible beyond argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted