1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Starters in the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by FantasyAlliance.cm, Dec 20, 2006.

1. The NFL recently released the Pro Bowl lineups, so I thought, I would release my chump bowl lineups. The worst starters in each conference. Critique:

AFC
    QB-Charlie Frye, Cle-10 TD, 16 INT, 6 fumbles
    RB-Justin Fargas, Oak-490 yd, 1 TD
    RB-Wali Lundi, Hou-473 yd, 4 TD
    WR-Alvis Whitted, Oak-27 rec, 299 yd, 0 TD
    WR-Derek Hagan, Mia-17 rec, 180 yd, 1 TD
    Coach-Art Shell, Oak

NFC
    QB-Matt Lienart, Ari-56.3% complete, 10 TD, 12 INT
    RB-Cadilac Williams, TB-798 yd, 1 TD
    RB-Kevin Jones, Det-689 yd, 6 TD
    WR-Tim Carter, NYG-19 rec, 230 yd, 1 TD
    WR-Antwan Randle El, Wash-29 rec, 298 yd, 4 TD
    Coach-Jon Fox, Car

2. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

five-man football! awesome!

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

JoHn Fox: Three years removed from the Super Bowl, one year removed from the NFC finals, and he's a chump bowl coach...of a team QBd by the no. 10 pick in the draft.

It's Leinart, not Lienart.

Kevin Jones was doing a pretty good Marshall Faulk imitation until he got hurt.

Are you this much of a tool in real life?

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

BYH, do you really expect them to spell names correctly? Have you seen that Web site?

This is just par for the course.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

John Fox? How about Rod Marinelli

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good God no man. Why would you willingly visit that?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For a good laugh, and to boost my confidence in a Jerry Springer-type way.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Now this is the insightful, hard-hitting fantasy sports coverage I expect from a site that hasn't been updated in nigh on three months.

Excelsior, fantasyalliance.cum!

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hey, it may be nothing right now, but just wait til next year. It's going to be THE go-to fantasy site.

And you're right about Kevin Jones, BYH. Any fantasy person would know to look at ALL the stats, not just rushing for Jones.
    Since fantasy boy didn't, here's is Jones' receiving stats: 61 receptions, 520 yards and two TDs.

10. John Fox was terrible this year. It's not a career accomplishment award. It's just that Carolina was coming off an NFC Championship preformance and they signed Keyshawn, yet they are 6-8, have lost 4 straight, and they will probably lose the next 2 to Atlanta and New Orleans.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh yeah. John Fox is worse than Dennis Green or Tom Coughlin or Brad Childress or Rod Marinelli or Jon Gruden or Jim Mora Jr...all of whom have combined for zero Super Bowl trips, or one fewer than Fox.

You should go write for ispin.com. I hear the site is looking for crack writers.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Isn't it funny that fantasy boy would rather post these things on here, instead of on the most awesomenest fantasy football web site ever?

And Matt Leinart is worse than Jon Kitna? ::)

Draft saved Draft deleted