1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Sports Leg Injuries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There's an interview that Vicious gave a while back in which he said the fault lied with John Laurnaitis, who was working behind the scenes for WCW at the time. He said Laurinaitis wanted him to come off the top rope, and Vicious told him he had never done so because it wasn't necessary for him in his role as a monster. Laurinatis was insistent, so Vicious agreed, even though Scott Steiner tried to talk him out of it.

As Vicious was being wheeled backstage on the stretcher, he looked over to Laurinaits, and said, "See, I told you." He said Laurinatis looked pretty upset.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

After seeing the pic that is floating around the internet of Ware's break the first thing I thought of was Barbaro.

I don't know if Ware's injury is the worst leg injury in sports history but it's got to be the worst-looking one suffered by a human in sports history.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

McGahee's was bad, but not even close to McCallum.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I saw McGahee, McCallum, Theismann, Krumrie and Kendall live in person or on TV.

Kendall's sickened me more than any of them. Had he been a horse, they would have brought out the tent.

And in that vein, I'm no big horse racing guy. But some of the on-track tragedies are just as painful to watch, especially when you know that animal is going to be dead in minutes.

Another mention, well away from the leg: Cliff Floyd's right wrist hanging by a thread after a first-base collision.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

The snap of Dave Dravecky's arm still haunts me.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The reaction of the Louisville bench last night is what stands out to me. The only thing close to that I can remember was Ozzie Smith and the second base umpire both covering their eyes when Moises Alou dislocated his ankle making the turn at first base.

7. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Not a leg, but the Clint Malarchuk injury was the worst thing I have ever seen in sports.

Not for the squeamish. The announcers say it all.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Arizona State basketball player Johnny Nash in the 70s.

Same type of injury as Ware suffered.

9. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Edgar Sosa (former University of Louisville player) playing for Dominican Republic national team:

Go to the 1:43 mark

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Dave Dravecky?

And how quickly we forget Buster Posey:

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Exactly. That and Pitino just about losing his emotions and his lunch.

Draft saved Draft deleted