1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Sports Injuries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Oct 11, 2020.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

This is true. What isn't true is that Yeager invented the dangling protector that hung off his mask to cover his neck. It was invented FOR Yeager by popular trainer Bill Buhler, who never got the credit.

Buhler was a great guy. He was always very subtle in his recommendations to the media about improving their health and lifestyle. One time he said the worst thing you can do is eat a medium pizza right before you go to bed. And someone answered, I never do that ... I always get a large.

wicked, 3_Octave_Fart and maumann like this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Steve Yeager was a ringer for John Denver.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I covered high school football game where a pyramid of cheerleaders landed on a player, sending him to the hospital.

Team scores a touchdown, girls rush to the right side of the end zone and build their pyramid. Team goes for two on a sweep to the right and running back is pushed into the pyramid, which toppled like a game of Jenga. The girls walk away, the player leaves in an ambulance.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    ChrisLong likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted