1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst sports announcers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pffft, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Agreed, as they usually are. A good pairing.

Verne's got a pretty nice gig--hang out all fall in the South doing the biggest SEC football games, transition to college b-ball culminating with the tournament, and then spend a week in heaven Augusta doing the 16th at the Masters.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Which announcer suggested last night that Florida foul, game tied, with 20 seconds left and BYU having the ball?

3. Pretty sure it was Gus who asked Reggie if Gators shud foul. Reggie ws like "what?!?! No, play for overtime." As far as bad announcers, not a fan of Buck and a lot of second tier espn folks, though I love Doris Burke among that group.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think he was suggesting that BYU foul, tied, which is crazy.

5. Don't you dare compare Gus to Vitale. I don't hear Gus sucking Corporate NCAA crank at every opportunity like Vitale.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Just caught up to a Dodgers - D'backs game from the other night that I recorded. Mark Grace is fucking terrible.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

He's just in a slump. Needs to put a salt lick in the hotel lobby.

8. printdust

printdust New Member

...so has Gary Bender been sent his trophy yet?

It would be a hell of a retirement gift.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/mar/29/gary-bender-retire/

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not to mention there isn't one single coach in the business who's anything but a great guy -- ESPECIALLY if they're Italian.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

About all he's been doing the last few years is Suns over-the-air games. Tom Leander does cable games (Suns going totally to cable next season). Both pale substitutes for Al McCoy.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

.....and Fitzy as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted