1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst series of sequels to a good movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hey man, fuck off! Jimmy Page did the score for that movie. Zoso fucking rules!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Standing near you, sure. But in this flick they were using them like sniper rifles, taking people out on balconies from 100 yards away.
    And wasn't The Giggler the same guy who played Bill in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure? (Another movie that passes the crappy sequel test).

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Rocky.
    End of thread.
    If only we could end the sequels.

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

disagree completely on the Color of Money. I think that is an outstanding movie and if you had never seen The Hustler, the movie would stand on its own. Paul Newman was fantastic and Tom Cruise did what Tom Cruise always did in the 1980s, which is to be carried by far better actors (see - Rainman, A Few Good Men)

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

You're right, it is "I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer"
    That looked so bad that I couldn't even pick it up.

In addition: American Psycho II -- Christian Bale as a psycho = awesome; Jackie from That 70's Show = lame... Couldn't even finish the thing.

Also... Did we really get this far without mentioning Episodes I, II, and III, The Perversion of an American Legand?

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I know it gets some love on this board, but the runaway winner in my eyes is the Major League series.

I would hesitate to call Major League II a sequel; a remake is probably a better description, because it's the same damn movie as the first. Awful, just gawdawful.

I'll admit I have not seen III after the debacle II was; but when I see Ted McGinley is in the cast list, I'm pretty sure what quality is being spewed forth. And Corbin Bensen ought to be ashamed for cashing a check from that tripe.

And Death Wish 3 ought to get additional negative points bcause Jimmy Page was wasting his time doing the soundtrack.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Wow, I was right. That might be exactly why I refuse to see this joke of a "film". I can't honestly accept myself if I picked up a movie titled "I'll always know what you did last summer" and actually watched it. Who came up with that title?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Interesting. And here I thought they were merely the backstory of the greatest B-movies of all time. Great effects, great music, in service of a B-movie plot and acting.

For both trilogies.

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Gold,

Axtcually, TC carried Hoff actorally in RM, but nonetheless ...

stet.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted