1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst series of sequels to a good movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I must be one of the few people on earth who liked "Batman Forever" (the third one). "Batman and Robin" sucked ass, though. Sad thing is, some of the casting in Batman Forever was perfect. Tommy Lee Jones could be a great Two-Face in a darker Bat-flick and Val Kilmer certainly has the chops to be Batman. Hell, even Jim Carrey could be good as the Joker -- which is basically the problem with Batman Forever. The script. The Riddler and Two-Face were both written as cheap Joker knockoffs instead of the menacing villains they could have been.
    At least the series is headed in the right direction now.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Porky's was a classic. Good kids from Angel Beach, bad guys from Wallace County. Everyone needs to have good and evil delivered with a ballpeen hammer every now and again.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I disagree with some earlier ones (I liked some of the Rocky sequels), but I'd add 3.

Airplane
    Naked Gun
    Karate Kid (haven't seen it since HS, but like it then).

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Interestingly, my Porky's post generated ads about IQ.

And the second Naked Gun movie was good, too. The third one? Not so much.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

The original Halloween is still the only movie that scared the living shit out of me. The sequals all sucked beyond sucked.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Does Child's Play qualify?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The first Porky's drew the first dismayed review I had seen. Said reviewer, the same person who once proclaimed Death Wish 3 was so bad he wouldn't write more than a few paragraphs, proceeded to torch Porky's with a fury never seen before.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

How about Grease 2. It had some great actors in it, but I can't watch it because it could never live up to the first for me.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The second Naked Gun movie had too many jokes recycled from the Police Squad! TV show. They were kind of funny, but they were one-shot deals.

And I still can't believe there were, correct me if I'm wrong, five Death Wish movies. Only seen the second one, which goes down in my book as one of the most absurdly funny flicks to ever grace basic cable. The final scene, where a riot breaks out and everyone rises up against the evil gangs by running home and grabbing their zip guns, potato guns, hidden rocket launchers, etc., and caresses them with a smile (knowing they're about to take down a bad guy) is a hoot.
    And who can forget the touching scene where Charles Bronson kills The Giggler. I mean, they shot the Giggler, man!
    God I need a life.

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

[​IMG]

How can you forget Superman IV? The bad guy's weakness was he shut down when the lights were out. A movie so bad, when it came to the newest Superman, they acted like IV was never made.

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

That was the third Death Wish movie, though. And if someone is standing near you with a zip gun, be afraid.

Draft saved Draft deleted