1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst series of sequels to a good movie?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I will, however, give props for Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

This thread has gone this long without mention of..

Scream 2 and Scream 3

I STILL know what you did last Summer, and I will ALWAYS know what you did last summer (not the real title, but it was so bad I can't remember the real title)

3. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

This time it's personal? Are you kidding me? That was the tagline? That's as bad as the movie itself.

4. How could this thread not start and end with The Highlander?!

There Can Be Only One!

However tried to make the next two and a series should be roasting in Hell watching Ishtar while receiving a blowjob from a sharp-tongued, snaggle-toothed Bea Arthur!

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Mannequin 2: On The Move was much worse than the original.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

[​IMG]

With all the wild characters in Leprechaun 4, the Leprechaun can seem like a side character who's in danger of getting lost in the crowd. The German edition of the movie really illustrates the problem. It was called Space Platoon, and the cover art features the space marines, not the Leprechaun. The writing near the top of the box, which is not legible in the picture posted above, is all about Dr. Mittenhand. It's only in the box's back-cover summary that you find out it's a Leprechaun movie.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How come nobody's mentioned Porky's 2 or 3 yet?

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Because Porky's wasn't a good movie to begin with.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

One I always seem to run across (on the listings, at least) is the Beethoven series. Guess the first one was a cute family movie, and apparently it was too tempting to create "Beethoven's 2nd", where the dog had puppies. But by "Beethoven's Fifth" the joke and the plot are being rammed into the ground at warp speed.

Halloween was another good one. One rocked, two was OK, four was good, and five and six should never be aired again anywhere. They're an affront to the movie-watching public.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Hey, Batman just reminded me of one: Batman.

The second one wasn't too bad, but the next two were awful.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Jaws 2 is essentially a teen slasher movie with a bad shark and a Napoleon Dynamite-lookalike (the tool who starts whining after his friend recites Shakespeare approximately 34.9 miles from Cable JUnction).

This movie was on AMC a few weeks ago. As in American Movie Classics. Am I missing something?

Sadder, I saw this movie in a Rhode Island drive-in as a boy.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wasn't horrible, but not nearly as funny as the original.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted