1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Reviewed Movies of All-Time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CentralIllinoisan, Jun 23, 2007.

1. FishHack76

FishHack76 Active Member

No "Spiderman 3" yet? That was pretty wretched.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ebert is awesome. The man obviously loves movies, but isn't too much of a snob and he'll even admit he got turned on during Showgirls while also wanting those two hours of his life back. I'm hoping he's doing okay.

3. I can't recall if it's been mentioned here previously...but Ebert was a co-writer of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls.

4. chester

chester Member

What, nobody remembers "Leonard Part 6" or whatever that god-awful piece of crap Bill Cosby did in the late 80s was called. The one where he was some sort secret agent or something like that. It's probably better for everybody that they don't remember it.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Since we're linking Ebert reviews, I had to put this one on:

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19940722/REVIEWS/407220302/1023

The third from last paragraph ...

"I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."

... was the one Richard Belzer read to the crowd during the Rob Reiner roast on Comedy Central, adding in the comment "This is a guy who's reviewed like 4,000 fucking movies."

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

no love for the romantic tearjerker "From Justin to Kelly..." ?

7. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I was conned into watching "House of 1000 Corpses" - a Rob Zombie production, if you need to know any more - last night by a friend, and it was the worst movie I've ever seen.
    Disgusting, violent, plotless and completely repulsive.
    I quickly dragged out my laptop to follow my fantasy baseball team - partially because I was bored and partially because I didn't want the movie to haunt my dreams.
    Awful.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Ebert is the best movie reviewer ever... He's the rare critic who isn't a complete art-house snob and he's not embarrassed to admit that he has guilty pleasures...

Richard Roeper was on Stern last week and said that Ebert still can't talk and has to have more surgery... Very sad...

9. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Maybe some of the New York/New Jersey chapter of SportsJournalists.com can help out here, but I remember in the 90s reading a review of Rocky V that began with this lead, a play on the movie's theme song.

"Go for it. The exit, that is."

Don't know who wrote it, other than it was in one of the NY papers I read on the wire, and I can't remember anything else about the review. But I still laugh my ass off every time I think of that lead.

Draft saved Draft deleted