1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst radio commentary ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I haven't listened to all of these, and I won't. But I've heard John Sterling two days in a row now and he contributes nothing to the WCBS broadcasts. (The ones I heard haven't been posted, but today's was all about how the Rangers are finally in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and he reflects on the last game.)

http://wcbs880.com/pages/336976.php?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The competition "Worst Radio Commentary Ever" will never be decided due to an infinite number of entries.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

...and now you know the rest of the story

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Cowherd.

It's not the end of the thread, but you can see it from there.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He sets a new standard every day

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I grew up listening to Sterling and Kay and always enjoyed them. Now, with Sterling and Suzyn Waldman calling Yankee games, I want to strangle myself with an AM antenna. Sterling is just mailing it in, explaining the simplest things and stumbling over stuff that actually matters. Waldman is just an atrocity, adding nothing of substance about what is happening in the game and doing nothing more than reading the media handouts. And she namedrops Joe Torre like she's the only one whoever gets to talk to him.

7. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

As talk show hosts go, Tony Bruno doesn't bring his A game any more either. The guy was never a star, but now he makes his colleagues look great by comparison.

This guy smoked too many doobies when he was young and it's catching up with him.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sterling was a much better announcer with the Braves. Night and day.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

If Cowherd didn't think he was so hip......for some obscure reason, a lot of younger people like him.....personally, I can't stand the guy......although, his chit-chats with Schlereth, Gottlieb, Bilas, Wingo III are pretty comical.....other than that........blah.

10. Taylee

Taylee Member

Heard Cowherd say something decently insightful and listened two more days for anything remotely close. He failed and I turned back to the comedy programming.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

The very title of this thread is daunting. It's like "hottest day ever" or "worst way to die." So many overqualified candidates with compelling arguments to make. I'm running up against a hard break here, but we'll be right back in seven minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted