1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst QB to play in a Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 6, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Probably both, but hating Pastorini was the bigger part of it. As I understand it, they never forgave him for being the consolation prize when Al Davis feuded with and traded Stabler.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It's Woodley, Eason for non-strike years.

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Trent Dilfer in 2000. I vaguely remember Jake Delhomme on the bench to start 2003 or at least in camp.

4. Traveling

Traveling Member

One little preposition makes all the difference ...

Worst QB to play in a Super Bowl: David Woodley.

Worst QB play in a Super Bowl: Craig Morton

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Randall Cunningham for the Vikings in 1998 OH WAIT HAHA NEVER MIND

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

But looking backward, would Dolphins fans have traded 15 years of Marino for one title under Woodley ( or Don Strock)? And I think it can be said it sucks much worse for Buccaneers fans to draft three quarterbacks in the first round (Williams, Young, Dilfer) who all won titles for other teams.

7. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

Thanks for the reminder.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Of course. But 0-for-6 is 0-for-6. And Morton played a couple of excellent defenses in his two crapburgers. So did Tarkenton.

And along those same lines, Kerry Collins is ever-so-happy his 7.1 rating against the Ravens has not been mentioned yet.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'd read somewhere that Eason refuses to do interviews this time of year. He was last seen coaching high school hoops somewhere in California.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can't believe you forgot about The Rat, who at one point was the fan favorite to be the starter over both Bradshaw and Gilliam, pretty much because he was a nice, Catholic local boy.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The weirdest thing about Eason is that he had by far the best year of his career in his next season after the Super Bowl fiasco in 1986, and THEN he went completely dysfunctional. When I covered the guy, he didn't try to hide the fact he was growing more disenchanted with football every moment.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't forget about him, but I was unsure who took those snaps. The Golden Domer was not showing up in any of the boxscores, and I think the punter was the emergency QB back then like Bradshaw was the emergency punter.

Draft saved Draft deleted