1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst QB to play in a Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 6, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tom Brady [/Boston.com lunatic]

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Weese didn't start.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I haven't forgotten how good Grossman was early in '06, which makes his three-month spiral into the abyss to end the season all the more infuriating. Thanks for reminding me, asshole!

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

I seem to recall the stat that Grossman led the league in games with a 100 or better passer rating that season.

As far as Woodley goes, I've mentioned in previous posts that getting his team to the Super Bowl with David Woodley as his quarterback convinced me once and for all that Don Shula is the greatest coach in football history.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yet, the Dolphins had leads of 17-10 at halftime and 17-13 entering the fourth quarter in that game. Last time I checked, David Woodley wasn't the one who couldn't tackle John Riggins.

6. 93Devil

Who took snaps for the Steelers in the last series when Bradshaw was knocked out of Super Bowl X?

Was it the punter, Bobby Walden?

7. 93Devil

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198301300mia.htm

They had 176 yards of total offense and 76 came on one play.

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Plus, I never said Woodley cost them the game. The question was: Who was the worst QB ever to play in the Super Bowl?

The answer, as a noted poster used to say, is inarguable among the sane.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Check out the thread title.

10. 93Devil

Bradshaw was knocked out when he threw the bomb to Swann late in Super Bowl X, and I cannot remember who took the snaps which lead to three strait runs, but if it was the Pittsburgh punter or Joe Gilliam, that player might be in the running.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fixed.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The first name to come to my head was Humphries, but I'll concede Woodley.

Draft saved Draft deleted