1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst published picture of yourself ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Do I dare ask, what sort of demonstration to a group of children would entail wearing a "big rubber pig nose"?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Many years ago, a column hed that really made me look like a member of the Manson gang, minus the "X" scar on my forehead.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I wish that were merely an "x" on Manson's.

4. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I've already own worse pictures of you than that one.

5. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

In the early 90's -- college days -- I was one of the seemingly millions of people who thought mullets were rad! I only have a college ID pic that shows it in its full glory (unfortunately, the ID pic doesnt show my equally rad Zubaz pants with matching shirt and water socks). Anyhow, during those days I was so high and drunk most of the time and fighting with my parents that actual photos are practically extinct. It is sad too because I look back on those days fondly (I had a lot of fun, needless to say) and really wish I had a photo to show the true dumbass A-hole I was.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The first paper I really worked for did high school picks on Friday and it just so happened that year, Halloween fell on a Friday. The SE got the brilliant idea to change everyone's mugs for that one issue.
    So they photoshopped me bald and then stretched it out to make me look like a conehead. Others got pirate eye patches and snaggly teeth. Another guy got a mullet and it was a sweet mullet, or maybe he already had a mullet, that's lost in the fog of time.
    It was pretty Fing awful.
    That was the year, I would always pick an upset. The SE didn't want everyone to have the same team picked, so, since I was the newest, I would always have the last pick and if everyone else had the same team, I had to pick the other.
    It was awesome.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I had a column for a weekly, and they asked me to send a photo. I cropped my face out of a shot of me dancing with a lass in full German dress, lederhosen and all. It actually worked well. You couldn't really tell that I was drunk in Vegas with a Lowenbrau in my hand and one foot hiked into the air.

The worst photo would have to be 7th grade yearbook. It was the only day of my entire school life that I went to school without grooming. I don't recall the specifics, but I was running late. So my hair was ratty and I was wearing a faded Ocean Pacific tee.

And somewhere in the world is a photo of me smoking out of a four-foot bong. It was taken at a party, and I remember thinking that my political career had been ruined before it ever began. Hell, I might run for Senate some day just to get a copy of the photo.

8. There are no bad pictures of Cristiano...

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

It's a conference media day.

It's a conference media day in the same vicinity as a baseball park.

It's a conference media day in the same vicinity as a baseball park that was holding a $1 beer night the evening before.

The next day, the AP opts to shoot a photo of Joe Heisman candidate (except he really wasn't...I think he's working at Popeye's now or something,) speaking before the usual throng of media. Poor Old Yours Truly was standing at the forefront of said throng, and I looked like someone had spent the morning defecating in my breakfast cereal.

Upon getting back to the office, my workspace was plastered with printouts of this picture. Of course.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It was a summer reading program and the person leading the event was making all the adults in the room demonstrate animal noises as part of some farm story.

11. busdriver

busdriver Member

you will have to show ME that pic. I have never seen it or heard that story

Draft saved Draft deleted