1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst published picture of yourself ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 4, 2006.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Worst published photo: I was the guest picker for the local high school football tab one week. I get a call at 7 p.m. Thursday. "Oh, Wicked, your first mug didn't come out." I had worked the 7-3 shift earlier, so I was passed out by 7 p.m. (You'd be, too, if you worked at this hellhole.)

So I walk into the office and do a second mugshot. It had Nick Nolte written all over it.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm confident it's on the Internet, somewhere, but it's not like I'm going to go looking for it.

3. joe

joe Active Member

You're a real sumbitch, Jones. I thought that was gonna be our secret ...

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Gotta be this one...

[​IMG]

5. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Does the internet count?

Because there are all kinds of pictures of a fat worthless DJ on our website. And I ain't proud of a single one.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Holy hell... you fucking kill me!

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Every one of mine are tied for last.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There must be a picture somewhere that shows me with a beer in one hand, a cigarette in the other, a big ol' chew of tobbaccy, a gut hanging out, my hair all Glen Campbell-like and an underage girl in my lap while I'm floating on a keg down the Frio.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Damn, I wish I could post this photo. Maybe I'll cover my face with a photoshopped sign and do it one day. Probably not, though. It's bad, even by the not-so-high standards I have set here.

The photo is actually more funny than bad. It was a picture of me taken about 12 or 13 years ago at a ridiculous "70s party." A magazine I used to write for, printed it with something I did, about 8 or 9 years ago. I was a part of the story and the picture fit in a really funny way, even if I did make a fool of myself by letting them use it. I didn't hear the end of it from friends for about a year.

I am wearing rust-brown colored, polyester Levis, with prominent white stitching. Yes, they did make polyester Levis at some point. The pants are a size or two too tight, so what little package I have is not very well concealed. The pants flare out into these very exaggerated bell bottoms. I have on white patent leather shoes, shined to a high gloss. The shirt is a button-down polyester, brown and rust and white crazy-patterned job, with a huge butterfly collar. It's made from a fabric that looks like it would melt in the sun. I had it unbuttoned to my belly button, so you get the full (not so impressive) chest effect. I have a glazed-eyed drunken look in the photo and I am holding up an LP next to my face. I can't remember the exact name of the album, but it is something like "Disco Hits of the 70s." I am going to have to dig out the story or the photo. Completely forgot about it until this thread.

I still have the whole outfit, hanging in the back of a closet. Haven't worn it since, but I like knowing that I can at any time. I think I bought everything at a Salvation Army for less than $5.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Our photog snapped a shot of me wearing a big rubber pig nose as part of a demonstration to a group of children at a library. I was supposed to be covering the story but got dragged up to perform.

As bad as the photo was, it actually made the story quite a bit more personable.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

My high school yearbook photo when I was a junior was stretched. Made me look like a female Elephant Boy. :-\

12. The Q Man

The Q Man Member

When I covered Illinois football for the small daily I worked for in college, my editor asked me for a sidebar. Also asked me to e-mail him a digital photo for a column photo.
    So I grab one of my buddies, he takes, the photo and we e-mail it in. The next day the paper comes out.
    Now, prior to this picture request, I had spent a glorious college day in the egg, lounging, drinking beer, throwing bags, washers, etc.
    So when the picture came out on Monday morning, I was amazed that you could only see my teeth and eyes. I'd used the door to my room as the backdrop and my face was so sun burned that it blended nearly perfectly with the finish on the door.
    I begged for a new picture the remaineder of my two years there, but my editor thought it was so funny, he wouldn't let me take a new one.

Draft saved Draft deleted