1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst professional sports town in America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, May 4, 2007.

?

This has to do with the public fan intelligence, the support for the teams...anything not including

1. New York

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Los Angeles

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. San Fran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Baltimore-Washington

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Chicago

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Atlanta

52 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Dallas/FW

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Denver

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. Detroit

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Miami

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  11. Minneapolis-St Paul

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  12. Philly

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  13. Phoenix

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  14. Cleveland

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  15. Houston

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  16. Seattle

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  17. Pittsburgh

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  18. St. Louis

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  19. Tampa

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  20. Cincinnati

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  21. Kan City

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  22. San Diego

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  23. Milwaukee/Green Bay

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  24. Charlotte N.C.

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  25. Indianapolis

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  26. New Orleans

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  27. Buffalo

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  28. Nashville

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  29. San Antonio

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  30. Jacksonville

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  31. Memphis

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  32. Orlando

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  33. Portland

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  34. Sacramento

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  35. Salt Lake

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  36. Columbus

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  37. Raleigh

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. The guy was caught by cops cheating on his wife with a hooker. Don't forget the table full of coke and the "Do you know who I am?" Yet Eagles fans are the moral midgets? Please ...

If it was Emmitt Smith or Troy Aikman lying on the carpet and maybe even Deion Sanders, then I could understand all the moral superiority aimed at Philly fans ... but if you're a loser piece of shit who lived your life with no principles phucking deal with it.

As I've said on here before, there's no shame in cheering karma.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

For the record, I did nothing to provoke those guys. I just showed up wearing the wrong colors and clapped when the Cubs set the Phils down in order in the first. I have cheered for the Wild and Avs in Dallas, for the Texans in Denver and for the Cubs in several other cities and I've never been treated as badly as I was that night.

3. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I'm just asking because I truly don't remember:
    How many of those moral indignities had been brought to light before Philly fans cheered for a career-ending injury?

4. blueview

blueview Member

Baltimore, because Ravens fans are zealous to the point of angry and hostile and because there is plenty of apathy when it comes to the Orioles.

5. Did the entire crowd follow you around? A couple of fans, right? Out of how many?

Don't get me wrong, there are asshole Eagles fans out there who've taken the reputation and run with it but don't color us all with your wide brush. Just know there are a few out there who like the mob mentality and will you harass you if you're going to clap for the opponent.

By the way, I have my own story. I went to the Eagles-Panthers game in Charlotte the year the Panthers went to the Super Bowl. At least half the crowd were Eagles fans. Yet, some asshole in a Greene jersey starts mouthing off to me and a friend every time we cheered. His little boy was next to him, beet-red with embarassment so I don't mouth off back.

But iIf you read any of my posts on here, you know I kept cheering. I paid for the ticket, fuck him.

Next thing you know, Mr. Greene lunges at me. Completely missed and fell on his ass. Dumbass. Asshole fans are everywhere at every stadium.

6. Fixed that for you.

7. Key

Key Well-Known Member

I've been to the Vet and the Spectrum as "enemy" and have never had a problem. Some good natured barbs? Of course, but nothing out of the ordinary. But I also lived in the Philly area for five years, and there's a reason I became a Devils fan after never before caring about hockey. The Irvin injury illustrates why...

8. The Mother Superior act really gets tiring.

9. I see bad things happening to good people all the time. Those are the things I feel bad about.

Bunch of people cheered a bad thing happening to a scumbag. Boo-hoo. I really don't care. And you can't make me. And you can't make me feel bad about it. All your holier than thou-ness, aside.

I wasn't there for Irvin's injury. Didn't even see it on TV until I saw the highlights. But I don't feel ashamed to be an Eagles fan. Far from it.

Maybe the fact that 80,000 people (no matter what city) spontaneously cheered a potentially bad injury (remember, no one knew how bad it was at the time) made the idiot realize he wasn't living a particularly principled life.

10. No one knew it was a career ending injury at the time. We've seen a lot more players get carried off for minor injuries than major injuries.

That's what I've been telling you all along .. ;)

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All this bickering about Philly, when Atlanta isn't making this close

12. Yeah. Phuck Atlanta.

Draft saved Draft deleted