1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Price is Right games

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pffft, Mar 8, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I never really got the Human Centipede game.

2. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

[​IMG]

Best. Game. Ever.

Muthafuckas.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Anyone else give up on TPIR after Bob retired? I just can't watch Drew. And it's not because I dislike him, I like him fine. But that show just isn't the same to me.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised that 2 Beauties 1 Cup never really caught on.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I found it funny during a few Lucky Sevens, when you'd get a contestant who was kicking ass in the beginning standing there with five dollars in his hand. He could go four dollars either way. But rather than just say '5', and win, the idiots ends up saying '1' or '2' and the last number ends up a high one.

There's another game (can't remember the name), where basically they just show two prizes, and one price, and the contestant has to guess which prize matches the price. It's just a random guess, and it's pretty boring.

My faves are the golf game, the dice game, and Cliffhanger.

6. mjslovin91

mjslovin91 Guest

I can't recall any specific games that I disliked but me and my friend would make the show a bit more interesting by placing dollar wagers on the showcases. High rollers, I know.

7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I always hated the games that lasted like three seconds, like "Barker's Bargain Bar" or the one where you just had to pick the most expensive of the three prizes. Yawn. I'd be uber-pissed if I got out of contestant's row and then got stuck with one of those. Because the prizes always sucked on those games, too.

8. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Or if you get first choice in the showcase showdown, pass on it because you think the second one will be better, then ... NOTHING BUT FURNITURE!

Worst change to TPiR by far: changing the pricey displays from the old-school readouts on contestants row and the eggcrate electronic displays elsewhere to LCD screens.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I did. I have nothing against Drew either but it's just not the same. I'd rather go on youtube and watch clips from when I was a kid. (I really hope someone wins that '72 Vega ...)

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wasn't the same for me after that Murderer's Row of Barker's Beauties - Janice, Dian and Holly - broke up.

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Anyone try to play the TPiR facebook game? Nothing but cheaters on that stupid app.

And yes, my pre-teen body got tingly when Holly showed up wearing a one-piece while dry humping a jet ski.

12. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

Yeah, for a while. But Drew improved, and the reality is Bob isn't coming back.

Drew also eliminated some of the dictatorship elements, so the show is a little lighter in tone.

I don't hate Plinko, but I don't get all the excitement for it.

One controversial change I want: The spinning of the wheel takes way too long. There has to be a fair way to cut that down. The two segments together take up too much of the show.

Draft saved Draft deleted