1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst political attack ad ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D-Backs Hack, Sep 25, 2006.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If you guessed floundering Rick Santorum, you're right!

If the Casey folks respond -- and there might be no need too -- that ad should be a beauty.

http://www.wgal.com/politics/9895620/detail.html

2. What a fool.
    I think the one guy being dead is the best part.
    I'm no big fan of Bob Casey, but, if I did such things, which I don't, I'd write him a check today.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Dem or Republican, it doesn't matter in this case. This is sleaze at its finest. Santorum and his team should be proud.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

It's just frustrating the hell out of Santorum that his opponent is another pro-lifer, not somebody he can scream "Liberal, liberal, liberal" about. This time he won't be getting the Catholic Democrats who voted for him in '94 and '00, so the only choice he has left is to up the sleaze factor (or kiss Don Imus' ass a little harder - pretty nice feat for a homophobe, Ricky).
    Ever wonder what santorum actually is?
    http://spreadingsantorum.com/

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hence the phrase, felch the santorum, bitch*

* editors note: Felching is not considered safe sex

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My favorite over the past year . . .

[​IMG]

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

As bad as the karma is over on the Death Pool thread, I think it's even worse for whatever insensitive knob slobber drew up that flier.

What an asshole.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As OTR can attest, the Indiana Bloody 8th has produced some doozies from incumbent John Hostetler. You can't swing a dead cat without Willie Horton-like distortions and lame liberal-this, liberal-that attempts at fear mongering.

And as usual, the Democratic candidate is as vanilla as it gets.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I caught the Barry Goldwater doc on HBO over the weekend, and I thought this was going to be a thread about the little girl with the daisy ad.

They showed that on the doc. LBJ should have been mortified. His campaign advisor's response?

"Politics ain't beanbag." Sheesh.

10. The D is winning, though, isn't he? Or running close?

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

As ever, it's close. There's no reason it should be, Hostetler is worthless.

But Ellsworth is yet another in the line of vanilla candidates the Dems think can overtake the GOP through a smile and blandness. I have no idea how he inspires anyone, outside of dismay for Hostetler, which is considerable, especially in my Democratic bastion in the GOP woods.

As one might guess, both parties are bringing in the heavy attack ad artillery for this one. Debates are coming soon.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, LBJ, although certainly an oil-soaked asshole who fucked up spectacularly in the ensuing four years, wasn't the one throwing off casual quotes about how he'd use tactical nukes to clear the Vietnamese forests. :eek:

Cronkite was on the money when he said, in so many words, he's had enough of the Goldwater apologists crying about being "lynched by the media" in 1964. Goldwater provided the media every inch of the rope it needed all by himself.

The two main planks of Goldwater's 1964 campaign:

1) Let's use nukes in Vietnam.

2) Let's defeat/repeal the Civil Rights Act, and keep the Negroes in the back of the bus.

There aren't many presidential elections where one side is "right" and the other is "wrong." But this was one of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted