1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Owner in Sports History?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3OctaveFart, Jun 16, 2012.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Marge Schott

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Bill Wirtz, who went to his grave a few years ago insisting that televising home games was unfair to the season-ticket holders?

P.K. Wrigley, who turned the Cubs into the laughingstock they are now always going to be known as? Introduced the College of Coaches and other horrible stunts?

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

John Spano "owner" of the Islanders

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Spano

What a fraud.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But she won a World Series. I think there might be an automatic exclusion for titleholders.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The NHL's history is littered with criminals like Peter Pocklington (Who the hell forces the trade of Wayne Gretzky and continues to defend it 20 years later???), but the one that takes the cake for me right now would be Charles Wang on Long Island. Has no idea what he's doing and proves it over and over and over again.

Also, the Marlins Jeffrey Loria definitely deserves a spot here too.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

She was the first name I thought of when I saw the thread title, but I figured the team's success would keep her off any short lists.

Although it also gives me an excuse to post this: http://www.hulu.com/watch/4987

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Also, how has Harold Ballard not come up yet?

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Danny Snyder. Has no clue of how to build a winning franchise. They've made two playoff appearances since 1999 when he bought the team and one of those was his first year. His meddling makes Jerry Jones look like an absentee.

9. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

There are about 6 different owners from the Nets that are worthy of consideration on this one

10. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

Wilpon isn't even the worst ever Mets owner. The de Roulet girls win that one in a rout.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So one of the Secaucus Seven isn't worthy?

12. deviljets7

deviljets7 Member

I considered those seven misfits together as one entity.

If you separate them, then the Nets have had more dreadful owners than all-stars :D

Draft saved Draft deleted