1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst No. 1 NFL draft picks?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Do you think Rivals.com got it right with their top 10 worst No. 1 draft picks?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Somewhat

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Here's Rival.com's worst No. 1 draft picks. Not sure I would agree.

10. Michael Vick
    9. David Carr
    8. Courtney Brown
    7. Tom Cousineau
    6. Aundray Bruce
    5. Kenneth Sims
    4. Tim Couch
    3. Steve Emtman
    2. Ki-Jana Carter
    1. Walt Patulski

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jeff Lageman?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm just not sure ... Dog-gate or not ... that Michael Vick should have been on this list.

And Walt Patulski? I'd like to honestly see how many NFL fans under the age of 30 even know who the hell he was.

4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Carr might have amounted to something if he had a G-damn offensive line in front of him.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

No way Vick belongs on this list.

My vote goes to Tim Couch Potato, if only because he was supposed to be answer at QB in a fantasy keeper league I'm in.

6. Is it Ki-Jana Carter's fault he tore his ACL?

He shouldn't be No. 2.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I have to think Tony Mandarich should be on that list. Sure, he might've improved as a Colt, but the Packers passed on Barry Sanders. Favre and Sanders woulda been pretty solid, IMO.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't know if Michael Vick was a bad draft choice from a football standpoint. He had great athletic talent and was one of those gameplan-changing players. Obviously, from a human standpoint, he deserved to be higher on the list.

I have little argument with most of the rest of the list, but I have one question: Who's Walt Patulski?

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I think they are talking about No. 1 overall picks ... Mandarich was No. 2, behind Aikman.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Good call. I should pay better attention.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Bad first-round picks, or worst picks ever could easily be its own category.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

OK, a little early for Thursday trivia, but I'll play. This is from memory only, so parts (or frickin' all) could be wrong, but here goes:

Buffalo Bills draft pick. Defensive lineman. Played at Notre Dame. No clue on his NFL career, but obviously not too illustrious.

Draft saved Draft deleted