1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie You Ever Paid to See

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by garrow, Dec 23, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mom wants to go to the movies. Someone suggests "Gone Fishin'," because they know she likes Joe Pesci and Danny Glover. I go along so she'll have company. 15 minutes into it, I start wondering why this didn't go direct to DVD.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Last movie I saw in the theater was "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood"
    I loved it. You just knew there was going to be that "HOLY SHIT" scene.
    My wife looked at me with all the love in her eyes as we walked out and said "You're never picking another movie to go to with me again."

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I never paid to see this - sat through it on DVD unfortunately - but in my junior hockey days a member of our coaching staff, who had played in the NHL, was cast as one of the players in The Love Guru. He told us when they were making it that it was a complete piece of shit and he was right.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Smart wife. It's QT's worst.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I denounce this.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Worst movie experience for me was my new boss and I went to a junket screening (meaning, we didn't have to pay anything, thank god) for Speedracer. Only he was late so we were last, so we had the center seats in the very front row. Of a SUPER IMAX 3D screening. It was a crap movie that blew my eardrums out and pierced my eyeballs and my idiot boss loved every minute and I was miserable.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Years ago went to see "Gremlins" knockoff "Critters". Get to the late, great Lost Picture Show theater in Springfield for the 10 pm show. The guy at the ticket window says no one's there and offers us free tickets if we go away.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never thought of that one as a Gremlins knock-off, mostly because there is no trick to the monsters. If I remember, they are just sneaky little things that eat people. There is no Mogwai to go with the Gremlins.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I might have thought differently if I'd seen it in a theater, but "Critters" was an awesome little cable movie back in the day. The first one was fun. The second was OK. Never saw Parts 3 and 4, but I'll venture to say I didn't miss much at that point.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s a live action Disney princess movie, more or less. That’s its genius.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think it’s...OK...but rarely has the purpose/goal of the main character mattered less.

Draft saved Draft deleted