1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie You Ever Paid to See

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by garrow, Dec 23, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mine has to be the infamous Rob Reiner film "North," one of Roger Ebert's most hated movies. I was on a date in high school.

Dishonorable mentions:
    Toys
    First Knight
    The Postman
    Vanilla Sky

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love Actually
    Superbad

garrow likes this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ernest Goes to Camp.

Chose it over Beverly Hills Cop 2

-30-

garrow likes this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Signs

garrow likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Punisher. This was the one with Thomas Jane in the title role. Mrs. OOP and I nearly walked out.

garrow likes this.
  6. Chet the Jet

Chet the Jet Member

Monuments men

garrow likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

^ That movie was a complete pile of dung.

-The Crush (1993)
    -Knowing (2009)
    -300 (2007)

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Paranormal Activity.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Spaceballs.

Somehow people have come to view it as a classic. I went with a buddy and we were both huge Mel Brooks fans. After an hour I was begging him to leave and he kept saying "It's got to get funny at some point."

Spoiler: it didn't.

Honorable mention to the original Red Dawn. It was part of a double bill at a drive-in and we bailed midway through.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

So you said "Check please!"

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Transylvania 6-5000*
    Lair of the White Worm**
    Lake House***
    Mousehunt****
    My Favorite Martian****
    Whatever that Polish Wedding Posing As A Star Wars Movie Was Called That Had Jar Jar Binks*****
    The Next Movie After That Which Also Featured Jar Jar Binks*****
    Batman Something Something I think Arnold Schwartzenegger was in it. Ahdunno.******

*I went because my best gay boyfriend had a crush on Jeff Goldblum. Everyone onscreen looked like they wished they were somewhere else. I kept waiting for it to get better. It never did.
    ** I went with my priest to see The Last Temptation of Christ. There was a poster for this abomination. We thought it would be campy fun. No.
    *** I took my friend's mother who loved her some Keanu. When he cried, I was ready to join him.
    **** This is what happens when you share custody of a small child (my nephew) in the 90s.
    ***** This is what happens when you share custody of a small child (my nephew) in the 90s. Note: I made the mistake of telling him Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qi Gong Badoobiedoobie were pretty and made me happy. He made sure that I was only taking him to the second movie because it was the greatest thing EVAR! I could not go just to look at boys.
    ****** This is what happens when you share custody of a small child (my nephew) in the 90s. The couple next to me offered to share their blunt with me when they realized I was yet another adult trapped in what was a two-hour toy commercial. Nothing against it or anyone who does it, but I'm weird enough without engaging in recreational chemical impairment. I am still haunted by how much trauma I could have spared myself if I'd gone that one toke over the line.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

The General’s Daughter - fell asleep.

Draft saved Draft deleted