1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie/TV Cameos By Athletes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Nah, best was Wes Parker, where Greg was infatuated with his teacher, who turned out to be Parker's girlfriend.

Wes delivered the immortal line to Greg, "Hands off my babe, Greg. Why don't you go bone your step-mom? She's kinda hot, and she sure ain't gettin' it from your dad based on the moves he's trying to put on me."

OK, he didn't really say that. But, he should have.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

J.J. Hardy hammed it up on Young & The Restless last year, but I'll go with any of the ex-CART drivers that appeared in uber-auto racing crapburger Driven with Sly Stallone.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

As far as the worst I have to agree with Kournikova, now the best was Vuckovich in Major League if for no other reason than this exchange:

Heywood:Taylor what you doing back up here?
    Taylor: Ah, couldn't cut it in the mexican leagues
    Heywood: How's your wife and my kids?

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

"She can warm up with me anytime."

The beginning of the end for the 2007 Brewers.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

What about Larry Bird in Space Jam?
    Or Larry Bird in Celtic Pride?

6. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Lou Pinella - Little Big League

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Big, I was wrong on Cabell. I don't know where the hell that name came from. While discussing the merits of Breaking Training at the bar last week, I was corrected. It's Cesar Cedeno who appears with gap-toofed Bob Watson in that scene. If it weren't for their steady influence, nobody would have decided to just Let Them Play.

And Coach Leak's teeth were bigger than floor tiles.

8. Girlinthehood

Girlinthehood Member

Bucky Dent in Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Ugh. Wasn't a cameo but a significant role. Painful.

9. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

I must argue against Brett even being mentioned on this thread...

The movie was great, but went to a new level when it turned out Mary's old boyfriend Brett was in fact Brett Favre...and his one line was awesome.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Actually, Clemens played "Skidmark" in Kingpin, which was released before Dumb and Dumber, while Neely played "Seabass."

Speaking of Kingpin, though, Brad Faxon and Billy Andrade both had cameos as Roy talks to his dad just before leaving for the state amateur tournament. Both were standing around the cars as Roy said his goodbyes. Faxon then, rather daintily, mimics a bowling motion as Roy drives away. It's up there among the worst cameos.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Roger Clemens in "Anger Management". His personality was stiffer than a horny teenager's shlong.

Draft saved Draft deleted