1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie Sequels/Trilogies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

None of the Rambo sequels came close to First Blood.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't they try to retcon it in Highlander II to make it where the immortals were actually aliens?
    I think that says it all.

Since the original Highlander movies and the Highlander series are set in the same universe, I think it's been retconned to where Connor MacLeod and the Kurgan weren't the last two immortals. It was just another in a long line of battles, with an extremely strong quickening at the end. If you can get past that, and ignore the second movie, having a series is a lot easier to digest.
    Highlander: Endgame wasn't a masterpiece, but it wasn't the worst thing ever if you were into the series. Just a long episode with some major events in the continuity, really.
    Agree that The Source was an abomination, though. I've seen chunks of it three or four times on Sci-Fi and still have no idea what the point is. Even scarier is, there was supposed to be another movie after that one. It was scrapped, thank goodness.

3. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Are they still talking about doing a third one? I can't believe anyone would even think of doing a third one after the second was so awful.
    The "Smokey" series is also a good nomination. The first was a classic, second was bad and the third was terrible. Only redeeming part was the great-looking '83 black-and-gold Trans Am.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I have to admit: 'Weekend at Bernie's' came out when I was in college. one of my housemates had the video tape, and I watched it dozens of times.
    And I laughed most of the time.

As I've mentioned many times, I used to do a lot of drugs.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The original Weekend at Bernies is pretty funny... The sequel was pretty dumb...

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Two pages and no mention of Billy Jack. This thread is an abomination.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If we're doing just straight up sequels now, The Boon Dock Saints 2: All Saints Day. Almost made me hate the first one.

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

The "Goal" series is a pretty bad shitshow from beginning to end

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What was worse: The Smokey sequels or the Cannonball Run sequels?

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Smokey. And it's not close.

11. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

Jaws 2 and Jaws 3-D.

12. This.. You shut your whore mouth about the Cannonball I and II!

Draft saved Draft deleted