1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie Sequels/Trilogies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Re: Worst Movie Trilogies

Is TKO getting back together?! I own Breakin' and Breakin' II in the original, oversized VHS boxes. Only ebay purchase I ever made, and it was because I loved the movies as a kid and they were out of print back around 2000. A few months after I bought them on ebay, both movies were re-released on DVD. If I ever happen to get two dogs, I might just name them Turbo and Ozone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Dark_Knight

Dark_Knight Member

When did that ever seem like a good idea?

I'll throw the Transformers trilogy in the mix. I finally got around to watching Dark Side of the Moon this week and wasn't impressed –– not that I was expecting much in the first place. Those movies have taken a quick plunge since the first. And there's supposed to be a fourth movie released in 2014.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember years and years ago I read a story about Caddyshack 2 and Harold Ramis was going to write it and then Rodney backed out and then Ramis dropped out and the whole thing went to shit...

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Tyler Perry's made three Madea movies.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he's made more than that. I saw one of them and it was among the worst things I've ever seen. But his audience loves him, so more power to him...

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Blade'

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When that came out I was working for a small movie mag and was supposed to write a feature on it. got invited to a screener but blew it off to go drink somewhere and ended up pounding out something using canned, made up press-kit quotes from Jackie Mason. I figured nobody would care that I never actually saw the movie and I was right.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Turns out, he's made three with her name in the title but three more with her as a supporting character.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I'll back you up on that.

I'd also would like to submit Jurassic Park. First one was incredible, the next two were horrific.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It gets a little bit hard to keep track. The second movie was some funky, futuristic thing. All you need to know is they resurrect Ramirez. Sorry, no. You set up one major rule in the first movie. If the head comes off, it's over. If you can't make the movie without breaking that rule, don't make the movie.

Then you have the terrible, but not quite as horrible one with Mario Van Peebles. That one ignores the TV series. Then Highlander: Endgame, which comes out of the television series and has both McLeods, Connor (movies) and Duncan (television show). Then there was the worst of all, a straight to Sci-Fi shitshow called Highlander: The Source.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Thread title changed.

Carry on wayward son.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

In that case ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted