1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Movie Sequels/Trilogies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

On my short list.......

Caddyshack II

Smokey and the Bandit II and III

The worst ever would have to be Major League II and III.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Re: Worst Movie Trilogies

When I read the subject line, I was thinking the worst set of three movies. You seem to be going with good movies that have terrible sequels.

Was there more than one Caddyshack sequel? Or does Caddyshack II simply contain so much awfulness that it counts as two horrible movies? (I wouldn't argue that point).

The Smokey and the Bandit sequels were awful. No argument there.

How about The Punisher? Three movies. Three actors. Two reboots. All shit. To be fair, I thought Thomas Jane was good in the role, but his was so bad Mrs. OOP and I nearly walked out. I wanted to, but she hates to do that.

Funny thing is Jane loves playing the character so much, that he made this. http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/07/16/punisher-comic-con-thomas-jane/

It's a little slow at first, but I actually thought it was better than all three movies.

3. Re: Worst Movie Trilogies

No. The worst ever is the alleged Highlander movies made after the original.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. How can you not like a sci-fi/fantasy series in which each sequel (and the television show) so consistently pisses on the continuity of the original. The best part was that the first sequel was so bad that they just act like it never happened in the movies and the TV show.

And yes, I admit it. I liked the show. Hey, somebody had to be watching. It lasted a few years and even produced a spin-off.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In an interview in the new GQ, Keanu Reeves talks about the script for Bill & Ted III. Please reserve a spot in your worst trilogy list in case it gets made.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Disagree. Bill and Ted I was great, and II was very funny.UIt would have to be a really sucky III to bring it all down.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe not the worst, but the Star Wars prequels would win the "most disappointing" award.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Ishtar or Heaven's Gate is the worst movie trilogy.

Oh wait ... it has to be three movies and not just one?

Never mind.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I think some people need the word "trilogy" explained to them...

10. Re: Worst Movie Trilogies

Yeah I guess so.. Sorry I had NO idea they made additional Highlander movies beyond the first three. I knew about the TV series, but not ther additional movies.

My bag.

11. Mizzougrad96

That was not directed at you. At least there were three Highlander movies... Caddyshack is somehow mentioned and it only has one sequel...

Highlander 2 isn't far below the Star Wars prequels as most disappointed I've been at the theater. I was dying to see that movie and holy shit did it suck...

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Slap Shot is an all-time classic. Slap Shot II and III are horrific, a complete abomination. I have never seen them but don't need to to stand by my opinion which I am sure our boy JJ will back up.

Draft saved Draft deleted