1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jan 21, 2010.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

1. Chasing Amy
    2. Dogma
    7. Clerks

never seen any others.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Another bump.

Clerks is one of my favorite movies of all-time. Definitely Smith's best, IMO. He caught lightning in a bottle that time. It hasn't happened since.

Cop Out just looks like crap to me. Not one laugh in the trailer. That's not a ringing endorsement for a comedy. Tracey Morgan is funny on 30 Rock, but I don't think I could watch him for 2 hours. And this has Bruce "I'm mailing it in" Willis written all over it.

In the trailer, do they even mention Kevin Smith's name? I didn't hear it. That's not a ringing endorsement either.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

You kids. Obviously many of you are too young to have heard of this movie:

[​IMG]

And yes, I have it on DVD - bought it, well, I think it was because I was so shocked to have seen it on DVD I had to buy it just to prove it existed.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Clerks is an all-timer. I'm a big Kevin Smith fan, but I can understand those who don't like his work. He also hasn't had a really good movie since Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

I didn't hate Jersey Girl, but it definitely wasn't anything special and Clerks 2 was a disappointment with the exception of a couple really funny scenes.

5. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

I've walked out on one movie in my life: Cool World starring Brad Pitt

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I've walked out of every movie I've seen in the theater ... usually when the credits roll.

7. YankeessSuck

YankeessSuck Member

Nice

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I saw that Cop Out ad on TV and had no idea it was a Kevin Smith movie. To me and the wife it looked like a warmed-over Lethal Weapon/Running Scared (good fucking movie) remake.

I haven't seen a movie in a theatre since Something About Mary (much to Mrs. Huggy's chagrin) and I don't think I'll break that to see this. It has straight-to-DVD written all over it.

Draft saved Draft deleted