1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie endings

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by holy bull, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I liked it in Animal House and Fast Times, but it usually sucks...

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Don't forget Scorsese beating you over the head with the rat running across the screen in the final frame.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Seven

Gwyneth Paltrow getting killed never sat well with me. "Awwww whaaaat's in the booooooxxxxxx?"

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Citizen Kane. Bite me.

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

The end of "Pay it Forward" made me want to throw things at the screen. It managed to be both patronizingly sugary and depressing as hell.

6. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

Return of the Jedi.

It was the only moment in the whole six-part series where I was rooting for the Empire to launch a sudden resurgence and make some fur burn.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

No Way Out

Started (or at least re-sparked) the trend of useless "twist" endings.

The movie was just fine without Costner ending up being a KGB mole. Just seemed like a waste of time.

8. Mizzougrad96

One of the worst cliched pieces of shit of all-time.

9. Mizzougrad96

That would have made my best list. I wish more movies had an "Oh My God!" moment.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I actually liked the ending.

I have watched it many times, and every time....when Anton cleans his leg, and when the car hits him towards the end......I have to turn away.

"Mister.......your fuckin bone is stickin out"

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Same here. When he gets out of the cab covered in blood.....that is the most intense last 20 minutes of a movie I can recall.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

i find too much of a jolt out of the film...
    well, i'd agree it's 'the worst' if by 'the worst' you mean most painful/disturbing/unforgettably upsetting... but certainly not 'the worst' in terms of 'bad.'

and whoever said 'million dollar baby' gets a big thumps up from me. the ending was just part of the reason i never got the big whoop over the film, which lands very high on my 'most overrated list,' which should be our next 'films' thread. i can already assure you that, much to my disagreement,' many folks 'round here will include 'field of dreams' in the discussion...

p.s. as for the 'where are they now?' ending , they only work when the cast is comprised of young characters. ... but they're not-so much 'the ending' for the film, more of an extra bone tossed during the credits. more recently replaced by 'outtakes,' which can be funny but is too much of a jolt back to reality, imho.

Draft saved Draft deleted