1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie/book/album/etc. you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Actually the worst film I own is Back to The Future part 3. It's so bad, when I bought the whole set, something like five years ago (had to buy all three) I still haven't taken three out of the shrink wrap.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

It pisses me off that people think stupid but funny movies are bad. If it's funny, it succeeded in its goal.

Back to the Future Part III was awful in every way.

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

"The Sportswriter" is not a book about sports writing, it's a book about a man leading a particular kind of life. It's possible that, when you get a few more miles on you, both of you might be more open to its lessons.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have taken a couple of runs at that. No joy.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, Joe's closer to your age than he is to mine so I don't know about that.

Besides, leading that miserable kind of life would make me want to kill myself.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If I had done that, I would have learned it's good to find a passive woman I could jerk around. No thanks. And I'm probably past that character's age, and I still don't like the book.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Forgot this in the album category.

[​IMG]

Yes, I have this on vinyl.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And Bubbler wants it back.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

CDs: Wow, I have somehow managed to hang on to some really shitty music over the years, despite many, many moves. I don't even take them out of the box anymore, just cart it form one place to the next. I just discovered I still have most of my really bad country (grew up in rural Alberta where they only had country and CBC radio, and none of that fancy FM stuff), found out I still had multpile CDs of Blackhawk, Colin Raye, Bryan White and John Berry. The worst of the lot is Amy Grant -- Behind the Eyes. I think I got it in one of those 13 CDs for a penny deal, then you have to buy like 12 CDs over the next year or some such.

Movie: My sister gave me Slapshot 2 for Christmas several years ago, it was part of a package deal with the first -- really the only -- Slapshot. But from the movies I actually bought list: Bring it on! -- went through a Kirsten Dunst phase in college. And hey it had cheerleaders running around in their underwear. Just a terrible movie, that I somehow still have 12 years later

Book: Jose Canseco -- Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big
    This is purely on the read. Sure, some of it was revealing, athough if I remember corretly, most of it was already widely known by the time the book hit the shelves, but it read like it was written by a jealous fifth grader. He continually contradicted himself within paragraphs and for some reason I see to remember him hating Cal Ripken Jr. with a white hot passion. Got headaches reading it. Turned into the book I read while on the shitter. I did finish it though.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted