1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie/book/album/etc. you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was working for a small movie trade mag back in the day and had to do a big story on Caddyshack II using only the press kit which made it seem like Citizen Kane.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

She thought Caddyshack II was CaddyShack?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

When I was living in New Orleans in the early '80s, I heard a lot of buzz about A Confederacy of Dunces, how it was this lost Great American Novel, how it was this hilarious N.O.-themed story, how John Kennedy Toole was some kind of martyred genius.

So I bought it and tried to read it. Absolutely the stupidest book I've ever started. Got about 70-80 pages in, thinking it might get better (or at least more coherent) and finally just quit, and I've had no desire to pick it back up.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I own The Sportswriter too. I didn't hate it, but is definitely a Tom Wolfe ultralight, cliched look at the sad lot of the white man. My worst album is Back to the Egg by Wings. How was McCartney make something that bad. My worst book is a Brian Wilson autobiography, before he got himself together. Spacey as hell. Worst movie is Rockadoodle, an animated film. Not only does it insult the intelligence of kids, it would insult the intelligence of an amoeba

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Only good things about Back To The Egg (which I own too, even the title is fucking stupid) are "Rockestra theme" and "Spin It On".

6. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Not a damn thing wrong with that.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Worst movies are probably "Grandma's Boy" and "American Wedding" (it was part of a three pack)
    Worst CD: Duets The Final Chapter - Notorious BIG (just awful, I don't really like BIG, but this was a gift from someone who thought I did)
    I don't own any bad books. I wouldn't buy them if I didn't think I'd like them. Freedomland by Richard Price is as close as it gets.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

See, if Fenian was still here I could compare 8-tracks with him.

Used to make 8-tracks from albums. Still have a ton.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Grandma's Boy is hilarious.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have terrible movies, but I love all of them. :D

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It is hilarious, I love it but some people might think it's bad.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That wasn't the question. Grandma's Boy is great, and I would marry the hell out of Linda Cardellini.

Draft saved Draft deleted