1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie/book/album/etc. you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The worst movie I own is the Marlon Brando "Island of Dr. Moreau." I own it because it is hilarious.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You can justify it just for that creepy little guy.

3. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Certainly a "highlight" of the movie. That, plus Brando in all-white sunblock and Kilmer's various impressions of Brando.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Oh, believe me, I'm a huge fan... but they're a mixed bag. "Plan 9" is wonderful. "Orgy of the Dead" -- only scripted by Ed Wood, because he couldn't direct at that point -- is great, though a little light on plot (it's a series of zombies dancing naked for Criswell). "Bride of the Monster" is fun.

Then there's "Glen or Glenda," which is absolutely unwatchable.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm very curious why anyone would own the non-MST3K version of Manos. I just can't fathom the sequence of horrible life choices that could lead to that purchase :)

6. This ^^^^

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Got that as a gift and read it (and finished it). You didn't miss much.

8. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I really like UHF. It's like a live-action episode of The Simpsons.

And Weird Al is so earnestly happy to be in that movie that it rubs off and I can't help but like it.

Spatula City still makes me laugh really hard.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'd never heard of UHC. I will have to check it out.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Shaq Diesel.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's better than the LFO album I'm betting you have at the back of your closet (though "Girl on TV" was real).

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I own too many movies to decide which is the worst.

Album is without a doubt Sugar Ray's "Floored." I liked the song "Fly" and was debating between that album and Sublime's self-titled album. My friend owned both and said, "No question, get Sugar Ray." Years later, I launched into a soliloquy about the shittiness of "Floored" and asked him how the hell he could like it better than "Sublime." He said, "Sublime is way better, it's a classic. I just didn't want to be the only asshole who bought 'Floored.'" Sonofabitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted