1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst movie/book/album/etc. you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The worst movies ever thread made me think about this: What's the worst piece of pop culture that you own. Let's take away a few easy picks by saying that, though it's fine to name gifts that you've kept, we're particularly looking for things you spent your own money on.

I have a long history of trading CDs, so my CD collection is pretty consistent. But I do own the complete Nas discography, which means I own Nastradamus, which has one of my favorite songs ever ("Project Windows") and a whole lot of garbage.

As far as movies, I bought Click as part of one of those Blockbuster 3-for-$20 deals. I also own Beverly Hills Ninja because I love Chris Farley. The worst movie in my possession, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is the Adam Sandler version of The Longest Yard, which I was given by my mom for Christmas because moms should never buy kids anything pop-culture related.

My CD trading is nothing compared to my book donating. I only own about 30 books because I've traded in bad ones, and the ones I own are all beloved.

2. The Bill O'Reilly books my Father-in-law got me for Christmas.
    And a Culture Club album. (I bought it).

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

My sister bought me "Trapped In Paradise" on DVD with Jon Lovitz, Nic Cage and Dana Carvey. It is atrocious.

Someone gave me Donald Trump's autobiography one Christmas.

I grew up listening to Christian rock, so I have more shitty CDs somewhere in my apartment than you can imagine.

Video game? The game Zaxxon for the Atari 2600.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Shaq's rap album. One of my friends decided to give gifts out of the Walmart bargain bin one year for Christmas.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Which? Shaq Diesel and You Can't Stop the Reign were far superior to Shaq Fu: Da Return and Respect.

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Recently purged a lot in my move, but in the past:

CD:
    "Who is Mike Jones?" -Mike Jones
    "12 Inches of Snow"- Snow [/sportsjournalists.ca]

Movie:
    "How High"

7. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Movie: Superman III. Disastrous. Wouldn't get past treatment stage today.
    Book: Glory Days, by Dave Marsh. Worship, by the husband of Springsteen's co-manager
    Album: Stomp 442, Anthrax. Previous album was a crusher. Didn't buy anything else by them until a year ago.

8. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

When I was in college, I bought the cinematic classics "Alien Predator" (1985) and "Poncho Villa" (1972, starring Telly Savalas) on video tape from the local rental shop.
    They were used and extremely cheap (maybe 50 cents each).
    They were each entertaingly bad in their own way.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

That's crazy talk.

10. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Movie: Dude, Where's My Car?

11. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Mostly movies ...

DC Cab
    Super Mario Bros.
    UHF
    Supergirl

I just love bad movies.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

My DVD collection includes:

-- Gymkata
    -- Manos: The Hands of Fate
    -- Manos: The Hands of Fate (MST3K version)
    -- The collected works of Ed Wood Jr.

Pick one.

Draft saved Draft deleted