1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst MLB Broadcast Duo (TV Edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 24, 2011.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

God no. Dave Barnett's going over from radio.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That's a good choice. Who's going to do radio?

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Rhadigan is now going to do the postgame show.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

DIRT DIRT! CHEAP CHEAP!

I laugh my ass off when I see those commericals. And with McLaughlin getting bagged for DUI last year, the commerical has a life of its own. Off-topic, I think FSN Midwest and the Cards cut down the games McLaughin was doing probably because of that DUI, methinks.

The only redeeming thing about the Cardinals is listening to Rick Horton.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Which was the job he had before moving into the booth. I thought he was OK there, but geez, his brief play-by-play run soured me on him.

The Rangers had a perfectly good guy in the booth for nine years with Josh Lewin, and they canned him. I thought Barnett would naturally slide over from radio, but they chose Rhadigan instead. And he was AWFUL. Missed call after call and Grieve had to correct him more than a few times.

Steve Busby will help Eric Nadel in the radio booth to take Barnett's place.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I miss Mark Holtz, partly grew up listening to him.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

probably spit beer all over the booth.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How soon til you fully grow up?

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I have never had any intentions.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Rhadigan seemed like a decent enough guy, but as the weeks went on he seemed to be more intent on creating some signature style rather than on, you know, calling the game correctly. We had already grown way weary of his stumbling. I have to think Rhadigan was a fall-back option the Rangers went to whenever their first (maybe first 20?) choices didn't pan out.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You must have missed the 19-inning game in Philly this week, as did I due to storms and a power outage. Phillips got picked off 2nd in the 11th and Brennaman was slamming Phillips 7 innings later apparently.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I do, too. Nadel took some getting used to back in the day. They were a very good pairing.

Draft saved Draft deleted