1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst MLB Broadcast Duo (TV Edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 24, 2011.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Only guy worse than Brownie is the other PxPer who takes radio when Brown's on TV, and vice versa.

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Don't know if they really belong on this post (perhaps Royals fans can enlighten me), but I got really pissed at Ryan Lefebvre and Frank White (well, actually just Lefebvre) while listening to them last week and again tonight on the mlb.tv package.

First a little background: I was listening to the games because Danny Duffy, who had his second start tonight, graduated from the same high school I did (and currently lived a couple blocks from) and is the first Major Leaguer to come out of said high school.

Anyway, last week in Duffy's debut, Lefebvre mispronounced the name of the city in which he was born (which is about 50 minutes away), mispronounced the name our city and had him graduating from the wrong high school.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Rockies homers on, appropriately, Root, at bad. Drew Goodman with George Frazier or Jeff Huson and the dreaded and talentless Alanna Rizzo from the stands.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

One nice thing about Cubs broadcasts - both WGN & Comcast - no "sideline" reporter.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

And if anyone (still) listens to the radio, you know how Mike Shannon cuts away to commercial when the Cardinals lose? Farmer makes that move a calling card.

"Sox lose, 3-2, commercial next (saying it in total disgust)."

mpcincal, we are talking about "The Beaver" in K.C. He will always butcher it, and White just sits there, wishing he wasn't there next to Ryan.

WGN knows not to fuck up what Arne Harris has built with the Cubs telecast, and thankfully the White Sox.

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Hawk and anybody.

I don't mind Steve Stone. In fact, I think he's really good. And I feel for him. He wet-nursed Harry Caray for years, and then he gets stuck with a braying jackass like Hawk.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hawk's the best.

8. I never minded Wimpy, although Hawk is insufferable.

I thought they had a falling out a few years back. Maybe they've reconciled.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dan McLaughlin and Al Hrabosky not only call Cardinals games with all of the muted enthusiasm of a championship chess match, but they have no chemistry at all.

At least there's the Dirt Cheap Liquor commercials to spice things up!

10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I was getting ready to say McCarthy and Wheeler on Phillies telecasts, but then you all thankfully reminded me of the White Sox.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There are so many bad ones. It's a golden age for terrible announcers.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sadly, we get Dan O' doing a lot of Mo Valley basketball out here. Just horrific.

Draft saved Draft deleted