1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst MLB Broadcast Duo (TV Edition)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 24, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hawk and Stone are the two dried-up turds at the top of Homer Hill. But at least, Stone has had to put up with brutal homerosity for the last couple of decades. (Caray)

Kasper and Brenly would probably get my vote for the worst right now. No information. No personality. No knowledge. They sound bored out of their mind.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Any Pittsburgh Pirates broadcast involving Greg Brown, who is baseball's answer to Gus Johnson.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Chip Caray and anybody.
    Tom Paciorek and anybody.
    Rob Dibble and anybody.

I do remember back in the early 90s, when Turner Sports still had contracts for the NBA, NFL preseason games and the Goodwill Games, and the Braves' regular broadcasters (Skip Caray, Pete Van Wieren, Don Sutton) were scattered to the winds for one late-season game. The TV crew was a fresh-out-of-UGA Chip Caray and ... Larry King.

Holy shit was that awful.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Turned on the Sox game the other day and it was Hawk and Wimpy (Paciorek). Just like the old days. A wonderful viewing experience, it was.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

After putting up with Chip for lo those many years, Kasper and Brenly are music to Cubs' fans ears.

Chip and Joe Carter may have been the single worst pbp-color pairing in televised baseball history.

The high point may have been Carter asking Jim McMahon during a 7th inning interview if he still talked to Pete Rozelle when Rozelle had been dead for several years.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

stop it.

7. Armchair_QB

I'm not making that up.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2002-08-21/sports/17558192_1_josh-gibson-enos-country-slaughter-strike

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I remember that. Good lord, I started to feel sorry for Joe Carter.

And for the record, I second that Kasper/Brenly team. To Brenly's credit, he isn't afraid to rip the Cubs a new ass when it's warranted.

Steve Stone is best suited on the Northside, not with Hawk, or Ed Farmer on radio. Farmer is good, but as dry as a painted fence.

9. Armchair_QB

Farmer is almost as big a douchebag as Hawk. I feel sorry for Stone.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

wow.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Joe Carter: Not afraid to ask the tough questions.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

would have loved to see mcmahon's reaction on tv.

Draft saved Draft deleted