1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

worst March Madness commercial so far

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by turnovers, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

They have good sauces. That's about it. The wings are okay on regular days, crap on 35-cent wing day.

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

These Pontiac convertible commericals - with random people talking about why they're not getting a convertible - are just insufferable.
    And since Pontiac is an NCAA "corporate champion," everyone will have a chance to see them for the next month. BOO!

3. turnovers

turnovers Member

When they start coming out with Jack & Gatorade, maybe I'll listen, too.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

My favorite, which I don't remember seeing since last March, was some sort of financial institution or insurance company or cell-phone provider commercial. The hyped-up fan was all decked out in fan-boy-looser attire, and when the girl behind the counter told him the details of his plan/contract/whatever, he let out a big whoop.

Her subsequent grin, which I'm not certain was acting, was so precious and sexy and adorable and endearing, I still dream about her. One Happy Hour visit to the Executive Lounge to whomever can conjure her up on YouTube or Google.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I did Gatorade and cheap-as-shit vodka once in college. The key word in that sentence: once.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, that's Dangerator's line.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Never been to a BWW (never seen one come to think of it) and only know it through seeing scores from there on NTN.

And Hooters, up here at least, is a fraud (hi BYH!) as a sports bar. No satellites, no hard liquor (for those whose tastes run that way), lousy, heinously overpriced bar food and piss-poor draft. Other than that it's OK.

At least you guys don't see those awful Boston Pizza ads...

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The Hooters commercial is terrible, but so is everything when Dukie V is involved.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

You should be asleep, resting. You and I tip off in a big NIT matchup tomorrow, if I read the brackets correctly ...

10. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Buffalo Wild Wings was better as BW3. Bring back the weck !

11. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I also hate those Quizno's commercials for the angus meat subs.
    Especially the Asian woman who says, "It's definitely not lacking any meat - and that's what a real woman needs (maniacal, cackling laugh). Creeps me out.

12. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted