1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Logos in Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I believe it was scrapped because either the players refused to put it on or the coach stepped in and said fuck no.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Also if they're going to complain about the Carolina toilet bowl, why not the Houston jock strap?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It's tough to really compare the two, because with one you are dealing with an all out ugly jersey, the whole concept is hideous. The other is a corprate schill for Orcabay (even if they aren't owned by Orcabay anymore, which should have just given them an excuse to dump it all together).
    Really for all of the incarnations of their logos over the years the Canucks are one team that has never had a good logo (yes I know the hockey stick has it's fans, but WTF?). Hell their name is the Canucks. There has never been anything remotely Canuck about any of their logos -- if it's not the Killer whale (WTF does that have to do with being a Canuck?) they seem attached to a picture of a piece of hockey equipment with gaudy colours (Yellow, black and orange??? again what does it have to do with being a Canuck?).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

So their logo should be what, a dude sitting down to a hearty breakfast of pancakes and Molson?

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The Islanders logo on page 2 looks more appropos for Captain D's or Long John Silvers than for a hockey team.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Rarely do I get to say that something mentioned on here is a blast from the past, but that certainly is. That game was awesome except for the fact that the last guy was way too easy to beat.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Put these guys on the front of the sweater.

[​IMG]

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

always thought the LA Clippers had a bad logo. The Fakers at least is streamlined and is purple, making it look cool. The Clippers design is full of fail.

10. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]

Dallas Stars' alternate. And yeah, I agree, it looks exactly like what you think it looks like.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well maybe not to that extreme, but some type of logo that when I see it, I think Canada. There are plenty of symbols that could be used. or it could be as simple as a better colour scheme.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the Wonder Years episode when the Phy Ed teacher taught sex ed.

Draft saved Draft deleted