1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst job around the house.....here's mine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 11, 2009.

1. EE94

EE94 Guest

BING BING BING BING - we have a winner

People who don't live in snowy climes have no idea what hell is until they have shovel 2000 square feet of deep, heavy snow at 7 a.m. just so you can drive to work

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

We had 94 inches of snow last winter. After shoveling the driveway approximately 1 billion times, I'm lobbying for a snowblower this year.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

If it's powder snow, shovelling a driveway is actually therapeutic---kinda like weeding a garden.

It's not too strenuous, it's completely mindless and you can just drift away in your thoughts.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Indeed. When I worked at my old shop, I never had to worry about that much snow on Deadline Day (thank God!). In other jobs, if it snowed that much, I didn't have to go to work because the places where I worked were closed.

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

Until your shovel hits a frozen tire tread and the handle jams into your midsection

there aint nothing therapeutic about shoveling snow

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Or the plow comes through your neighborhood and you have to dig out the driveway that you just shoveled.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wuss. :)

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

TIG welding
    I love the MIG welding. Hate the TIG welding.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

More often than not, after a trip to the laundromat, I'm too lazy to take my folded clothes out of the car, so I just leave them there and run outside and grab whatever I need whenever I need to change.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Do you keep your groceries in your car as well?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No, they would spoil.

12. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Things I hate:

1) Making the bed (I'm only going to sleep in it 12 hours from now anyway! Plus, I can simply close the door. Besides, who the hell, other than me and my wife, is going in my bedroom)

2) Dishes by hand (I'm 6'7" and I hate bending over at the sink. Plus, it just takes so long)

3) Folding clean clothes (I don't fold anything, except my boxers in half; and only my socks go in a drawer. Everything is on hangers - jeans, dress pants, shirts, undershirts, everything - and everything except socks is in the closet).

4) Mowing the lawn (It's not big enough for a riding mower. And yeah, yeah, I'm trying to "do my part" and own an electric plug-in mower. I fight with the friggin' cord more often than I cut the lawn).

EDIT: I totally forgot. My wife and I ripped our every shrub, flower and bush in the yard as soon as spring hit. She's allergic to bee stings and we both hate yard work. We have only trees and grass in our fenced-in yard. I love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted