1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst job around the house.....here's mine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 11, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, "asshole" is a term of endearment for me. :D

If you heart lazy, I'm your girl.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

HC & I have the division of laundry labour down pat. I put everything in the washer and dryer, lug it back upstairs and she folds it.

I don't mind folding laundry but I fucking hate matching up all the socks. :)

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

my mom couldn't understand why i always had dirty dishes in the sink. it was simple, the dishwasher is where i kept the clean stuff.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever really see Mr. French? I recall him cooking, but I don't really recall him cleaning much.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

lol.......great stuff.....it's exactly like storing your clean clothes in the baskets rather than in the drawers and closet!

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I have a row of bushes in front of my house that grow like crazy and have to be trimmed regularly. I have to lean in to get the limbs next to the house, and it never fails that I pull something in my back doing so. Then I have to rake the limbs to the curb and hope the city picks it up sometime this month. All in balls-hot 105-degree weather.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I ask this in all seriousness - I should hold onto rusty shovels? Someone will buy those?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife hates to clean as much as I do. We've decided that it's well worth the money to plunk down $100 or so once or twice a year and hire a maid service.
    We hired one service once that charged $75 for three or four rooms (bedroom, living room/kitchen and bathroom). They did an OK job, but it was largely superficial. Last time, my wife hired a woman she works with who cleans houses on the side. She charged $150, but did every room and was in the house from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. without a lunch break. When I came out of the bedroom around 11 and she had the living room furniture pulled out and was scrubbing behind it, I damn near fell in love with a toothless 60-year-old woman.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to check it out. We've tried different mops with varying success, so maybe that'll solve it.

10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

After three years of living in a dorm, I have come to the conclusion that I hang the least amount of clothing of anyone on the planet. Literally, the only thing that goes in the closet are hoodies and coats, dresses and nice suits. Everything else is folded and goes in the dresser. I have MAYBE 20 hanging clothes that I use sparingly.

I've just never been big on hanging anything. I'd rather just put it in the drawer.

And Batman - I have all hardwood floors in my living room, dining room and kitchen. I use the regular Swiffer and buy wet cloths and it works like a dream.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do you have a local hardware store? Not a Lowes or a Home Depot, but a mom and pop hardware store.

Take the tools in, have them look at them, and if they are worth anything, they will tell you.

Or you can look around these websites...

http://www.toolsrules.com/
    http://www.jonzimmersantiquetools.com/

Was your dad into carpentry?

Throwing a way a bunch of old tools is like a guy going in and thowing away a bunch of old vases, bowels and plates from your mother's kitchen.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I will add this to the list, after the experience I just had: having to detangle all the crap from the vacuum roller brush is awful enough, but then you have to use the dustbuster to pick up the mess you made trying to clean the vacuum. Argh.

Draft saved Draft deleted