1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst job around the house.....here's mine

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 11, 2009.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, I'm cleaning the oven (no we don't have a self clean job) and I'd rather clean up pigshit.

Dirty job that requires bending over and sticking your head in the oven Stuff is caustic as hell

And it's not like some jobs around the house. If you're vacuuming and get sick of it, you just say fuck it and go do something else.

Once you've sprayed the oven, you're done.

Maybe Sylvia Plath didn't commit suicide after all.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Since I haven't had to clean an oven, the worst job I've had to do is probably cleaning bird shit.

Since we got rid of the birds, the chore I find I hate the most is washing cars. I used to hate mowing lawns, but when I discovered I could mow the entire lawn in one day (one hour, 15 minutes and I've mowed all three sections), I came to hate washing cars far more than that. It's why I've always taken my car to a car wash.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've said it many times, but I'd rather take an ass-whipping than wash a dish by hand. Surely there are dirtier and more difficult periodic jobs around the house, but among the routine, every-day stuff, it doesn't get much worse ...

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

How timely. I'm visiting my mom and attempting to clean out the garage. My dad left 40 years of tools, jars of rusty nails and crap laying around. I am not handy and don't know what more than half the stuff is. It's filthy and cobwebby and I have just given up for the day. This is where my theoretical husband would come in handy. At my own apartment, the thing I hate to do the most is empty the dishwasher. It's not dirty and doesn't take long, but I hate doing it.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always hate putting my clean laundry away. I kind of like putting the clothes in the washer and dryer. It makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

But putting the clothes away always seems like a useless excercise. It's just going to come out of my closet again, anyways.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cleaning the bathtub. My roommate (who I'm not dating) leaves his hair all over the place and has cleaned it twice in the year he's been here. It's disgusting.

If I ever get married, it will be to a guy with alopecia.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This guy?

[​IMG]

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Let's see...my laundry that I did a month ago is still sitting in the laundry basket, I finally did three weeks worth of dishes the other night (the next apartment I get WILL have a dishwasher) and my apartment needs to be cleaned up so badly.

However, the worst job I had was when I was a kid. Since it was my dog and we lived in the country, I was responsible for nightly tick removal during the summer.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I don't mind washing dishes. I love mowing the lawn. Cleaning the garage isn't that much of an issue when it's not that dirty.

Personally, I hate dead things, so when birds fly into windows or the dog runs out and tackles small mammals, disposing of them is the worst.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

DING-DING-DING... we have a winner.

I do my laundry and my kids' laundry. That's the easy part.

The hard part is folding and hanging. Hate. It.

Don't mind dishes, swabbing the toilets (takes 5 minutes), vacuuming or mowing the lawn. But second on the list of hated duties is weeding. Absolutely loathe it, which is an issue around these parts.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I leave mine folded up in my laundry basket. Shake something out, iron it, wear it, throw it in a bag at night, dump the bag into the laundry basket when it's time to do more. Screw hanging stuff up. I'm not investing an extra 30 minutes in laundry.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Mopping.
    We have tile floors in our living room and kitchen, and every so often sweeping just isn't enough. So I break out the mop bucket, the Pine-Sol and the shittiest mop imaginable. Doesn't matter if it's a new mop or a scrubber, it never seems to quite get the job done. And after a few swabs the water in the bucket is dirty so it seems like I'm just using nasty, filthy water to clean nasty, filhty floors. Very counterproductive.
    Plus the scrubbing with the mop makes me sweaty for some reason, and I always feel like I need a shower when I'm done. I. Hate. Mopping.

Draft saved Draft deleted