1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst internet advice you followed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Spartan Squad, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Five years ago, when Amazon stock was around $200 a share, the internet consensus was, "It's overpriced, the company is unprofitable -- time to sell."

At the moment of this posting, it's at $1,004 a share. And if I'd held on to it, I wouldn't be quite as worried about my shop's impending reorganization/downsizing.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What were @The Big Ragu thoughts at the time?

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Where were you in it at?

4. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

The USB drive on my PlayStation 3 died. Someone on the internet told me (or more accurately told my wife, who in turn told me) that it was probably a software issue and to reset it to factory condition. Nope, and since the USB drive was dead, I could do nothing with the system

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

As stories about the Internet, bad advice and pu**y go, this thread is a letdown.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

It's just getting started and it's GOLD!!!

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

As much as I aspire to be VB, sadly I'm years behind in my debauchery. I will work to get better.

Vombatus likes this.
  8. Ditto ... Only with home computer. I wiped the computer and reinstalled windows. Disaster ensued.

9. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

Got in at $150 and held for about six months, so I actually was quite happy at the time. But oh, what might have been ...

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's a good idea, SS. As much fun as I have in life, I probably am on a highway to hell.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Never too late to take the exit ramp!

Vombatus likes this.
  12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

The internet has been damn good to me regarding solving some of life's mysteries.

The Super Swaddle was a gift from god.

Our little Houdini was getting out of every god damn swaddle when we got home from the hospital and would wake himself up countless time each night. It was hell and we were desperate. I would have paid $1,000 for this information and it was free. He still got out on occasion, but largely slept through the night from then on.

The internet is the fucking best.

Draft saved Draft deleted