1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst helmets in the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Clay

Clay New Member

The sweetest helmets are: 1.Michigan Wolverine (can't no one come close to their helmet, even doe Delaware stole their design). 2. Oakland Raiders, 3. New England Patriots (of the 1970's & Mid 1980's, the Patriot guy hiking the ball logo) 4. Florida St. Seminoles, 5. Texas Longhorns... The Worst helmets 1. Notre Dame (I hate them with a passion & everything about them), 2. Penn State, 3. Cleveland Browns, 4. Alabama Crimson Tide, 5. Green Bay Packers.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Woody High does the design proud.

[​IMG]

Yes, that's Steve Breaston.

3. patchs

patchs Active Member

FYI, the original Patriots logo is nicknamed Pat Patriot, not Pete.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Are you calling Evil Hasselhoff gay?

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah I couldn't come up with his name on the fly while I was typing my response. Still it does not change my thoughts.

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

No Team can compete with the Cleveland Browns horrible helmets. A plain helmet with a strip down the middle come on a thrid grader could come up with some thing better. And that is one of the many reasons I do not follow the Browns even though I grew up in the middle of Browns town.

7. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

It's not a big shock which one I like the most.

The Eagles' helmet/uni makes me want to vomit and not just because I hate them. I also hated Houston's helmet when they were the Oilers and the Pats' originals were not so great to look at either.
    Now? Those powder blue Chargers throwbacks that they bring out SUCK, as do the Panthers & Jags.

8. Jay August

Jay August Member

Dude, you understand the "swirlie" is a ram horn, right?
    I hope so.
    I am a Rams fan, so I'm clearly biased, but I love the horn. I love the blue and gold (est. 2000). I just wish they still had the horn pattern on the shoulders.

By the way, I like Arizona's color scheme, but the logo is weak. Never liked the Packers colors. Not a fan of Texans name, but like the unis and colors.

9. It's an orange guy, with flaming hair, a plume in his hat and a knife in his mouth ... and it almost looks like he's winking at you. If I saw something like that on the streets, my assumption would be ...

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Yeah, Bruce totally wants you.

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

You ask me that Buc is really really gay.

Draft saved Draft deleted