1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst fictional coaching decision in movie/TV show

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mpcincal, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Idiot Irish coach putting in dipshit Rudy.

Tarheel316, Huggy and cjericho like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I never understood why the entire team just didn't stand up,and say "hey dumbass, you're the one who made the stupid call."

Plus, now that you think about it in today's world, the coach would be in deep shit for refusing to let the kid ride the bus home.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

More management than coaching, but the Peaches dealing Kit Keller really came back to bite them. I know clubhouse chemistry was a concern, but Rockford easily wins the series with her on the roster.

old_tony likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Very true. Although the Racine manager nearly blew the final game by having Kit pitch to her sister instead of intentionally walking her. Granted, it would have moved the tying run to second base and put the go-ahead run on base, with two outs. But why pitch to the best hitter in the league?

5. Key

Key Well-Known Member

More (course) management than coaching: a 12 on the final hole of the US Open, Roy?

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I'll take Coach Taylor not teaching Jason Street any proper tackling techniques.

Rawbot likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Morris Buttermaker pulling Amanda Wurlitzer from the game and replacing her with Rudy Stein. How do you not try out Kelly Leak in that spot? Yes, it leaves the outfield vulnerable but I have to believe no one gets a ball out of the infield with Leak on the mound.

Bud Kilmer's sheer reluctance to run the oopty-oop.

sgreenwell and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Speaking of that, did anyone else find it a bit far-fetched that fans wanted Taylor fired after he lost a game in which his All-State quarterback was paralyzed from the waist down in the fourth quarter?

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Either D'Amato should have benched Willie Beamon right away for changing the playbook, or he should have rode him all the way to the playoffs.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Why was Jake Taylor hitting second in that line-up?

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Getting back to the argument about the play call, I believe (although I'm not sure) it was only 3rd down anyway so the playcall was screwed up two or three times: if they take the intentional safety they win, if they do the victory formation kneel down play they win too.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They only had 6 players: Hayes, Taylor, Dorn, Cerrano and the two pitchers.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted