1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst FB media guide you've gotten so far

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blandcanyon, Aug 9, 2007.

1. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

I get the recruiting guide thing, but other than pure laziness, what's an NFL PR minion's excuse for not including useful information?

2. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Taxpayers' money.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yes, and youngsters who are barely in their 60s can even remember those heady days. Sparty football has been dead longer than Buddy Holly.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No argument how long it's been dead, other than the occasional flickering pulse. But there was more than one year of Sparty football that mattered...

5. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

A Buckeye for every story completed on deadline. Or maybe a Buckeye for every 15 minutes ahead of deadline the story was completed.

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

My alma mater's is terrible. The players listed in it aren't any good.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Slightly off topic, but still my favorite media guide story.
    The L.A. Kings were notoriously slow getting their media guide out. The NHL had no deadline regulations on them. One year, late December, during the first intermission at a game, a TV guy grabbed the press box PA mic announces "This year's Christmas presents from the Kings is the media guide."
    There was other oddity asssociated with this.
    The Capitals always had their media guide done by the start of training camp, probably first in the league. They had a player named Hartland Monahan on their roster. Monahan was traded to the Penguins a couple of days before the season started. The Penguins were just finishing up their media guide and they included Monahan in it. A few weeks later, Monahan was traded to the Kings, who still didn't have their media guide done. They included Monahan in their guide.
    So, Hartland Monahan was in three teams' media guides the same season.

8. 212areacode

212areacode Member

I don't use the media guide. I find wikipedia more reliable sometimes.

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Oh God...Texas...the front and back cover...splitting headache...dear Jesus, make it stop.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

They should have had him holding a fattie and had the words "Putting it Blountly, Adarius Bowman for All-American."

Draft saved Draft deleted