1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst FB media guide you've gotten so far

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blandcanyon, Aug 9, 2007.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Wow. Howard Schnellenberger's aiming high. He must have the bowl games held in New Orleans mixed up.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Eagles did that this year, too. Some blather about going green and cutting down on the amount of paper they use.

How long before they ditch the print version entirely, and tell everyone to download it from the nflmedia site?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, if the top 112 schools all went on probation, and four more schools went 2-10, and Temple declined a bowl bid, Florida Atlantic could play Troy for the national title. It's possible.

4. icoverbucks

icoverbucks Member

Gotta second the notion on the Ohio State guide. This whole thing is ridiculous. They end up spending more money than before producing 2 books. They have more money than they have common sense.

I worry about the ND guide. It was beyond ND history. It contained a lot of college football history.

The Michigan State guide was always twice the size of the Michigan guide. I always wondered why that was since MSU had one team in its entire history (the one that tied ND in the 1960s) that has ever come close to mattering.

I knew we were in trouble when I saw the 2006 Texas guide: Bios for the first 50 pages, recruiting info next 150, no stats, etc. I figured anybody who saw that was headed that route.

5. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

This year's Missouri guide is totally useless. I threw mine away, actually. I've come to rely on the Big 12 guide, as pathetic as that sounds.

6. WVU has started sending out a separate booklet with its records info. I think the media has to request it.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe you should read the ND guide to learn your college football history... early-mid 50s, Sparty mattered. Very much.

8. GuessWho

GuessWho Active Member

Hey, the Texas guide is great -- if you want to look at 479 pictures of Mack Brown.

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

I already done that.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I haven't had time to look through the inside of a lot of guides so far, but the covers ... My god, the covers.
    Kentucky looks like a retarded third-grader from Wyclife finger-painted it.
    Conference USA tried to do some sort of Power Rangers thing that looked straight out of 1992. Crappy second-tier schools assemble!
    LSU and South Carolina are basic and uninspired. If you're going to spend all this money on guides, at least put some into hiring a good designer. Ye gods.

11. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

Oklahoma State's cover is pretty goofy. Has Adarius Bowman holding an iPod looking thing, making some kind of play on the words "playlist" and "playmaker." Can't remember exactly how it does, but it's kinda stupid.

12. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Just got Texas A&M's hard-bound media guide in the mail. It's the media guide most likely to be used as:
    1) a door stop?
    2) a boat anchor?
    3) a garden tile?
    4) a murder weapon?

Draft saved Draft deleted