1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Fast Food Joint Around

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Jun 27, 2007.

?

What's your absolute least favorite?

1. McDonald's

17 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Burger King

11 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Wendy's

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Arbois (Arby's)

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Any chicken establishment

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Any pizza establishment

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Any horseshit palace that claims to make a sub sandwich

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  8. Some local/regional monstrosity that never went national

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Taco Bell

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  10. Dairy Queen (Their ice cream sucks?)

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  11. Hardee's (Jesus...)

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  12. Whatever I'm forgetting...

12 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

If you're considering STeak and Shake fast food then I have to throw the entire book of Fugliness at Denny's.

It's the only place I've been sick at ... THREE TIMES! It's why I don't like bacon anymore, a tragic loss I know. One night, the last time I ate there, me and both of the friends I ate with all got really sick, and we all had different things.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hardees is worse than you describe.

3. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

A couple of things here:

McDonald's doesn't import beef from Mexico:
    http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/boycotts/mcdbeef.asp

The Whaler was a Burger King product.

The McRib was nasty, which is why they only sell it on a limited basis. Helps build up demand from the whackjobs that like them.

Also, the Filet-o-Fish was started for Catholics who couldn't eat meat on Fridays and during Lent.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

in one of the most odd oxymorons in history, the grimace smiles.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

McDonald's and it ain't even close. No stories ... just can't imagine how they got to No. 1 with food that bad.

Whatever idiots are voting for Hardee's/Carl's Jr. need to actually go eat at Hardee's/Carl's Jr. ... the food has vastly improved over the past couple of years. Best-tasting fast food burgers, hands down.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

voting for the hardee's i've tried in my region, la douche. sorry if yours tastes like steak. the hardee's here tastes like shit.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

McDonald's cannot be in this because they sell two awesome things: The McGriddle and the iced coffee.

Where I live, the most downtrodden employees are Hardees. If you get fired from Burger King, welcome to Hardees. They wear their own jeans for crying-out-loud!!!

For those of you who live in areas where there is very low unemployment, the people who staff these Hardees are probably the saddest sacks you have ever seen wear a name tag. In the north, where unemployment is high, you are glad to have a job, and the Hardees of the world can actually find employees. In the south, anyone with a brain can get a better job then schlepping burgers at this crap factory.

Oh wait, I have a Hardees employee right here.

i lik working at hardes i like eeting the aenges berger.

That all said, didn't Hack-in-the-Sack actually kill 4-5 people in the late 80s because the food was not cooked all the way through?

8. Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider Member

Wendy's and Arby's are about the only fast food joints I go to any more. Well, those and Chick-fil-A, and Chick-fil-A rules.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Chick-fil-A is very good. You just cannot go on Sundays.

10. The only regular fast food I eat is Wendy's... a No. 6 with sweet iced tea. I will also occasionally swing by Subway.
    For the six bucks I spend, I can go to a local-owned lunch counter and spend about the same amount of money and get better food.
    For dinner, we have good sit-down Mexican places that will feed you - good food - just as cheap. Then there's the Logan's Roadhouse that is running the 2 for $12.99 specials on Mon. and Tues. There not bad. A hell of a lot better than Texas Steakhouse where the fucking dance in the aisles. I don't want a floor show. I just want some more God Damn Ice Tea and my steak!

I hate eating fastfood. Supersize Me pretty much tunred off me all fastfood.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Are there any Roy Rogers restaurants still in existence? If so, would they have made the list?

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I used to have Taco John's about once a week. I was always intrigued by the idea of have tacos with breakfast-like hashrounds.

I'm also a fan of Arby's, particularly the Big Montana. (That said, I haven't had Arby's in some time, so I don't know if the Big Montana is still around).

In high school, Wendy's was the fast food choice for my group. Fries dipped in a frosty ... hmmmmmm.

I don't live near a White Castle, so when I'm in a metro with a Castle, I occasionally stop. There again, I haven't had White Castle in a couple years and I've driven by them probably a dozen times in the last couple years.

Quiznos ... how dare anyone complain about Quiznos? Try the Honey Burbon Chicken. Has a little kick to it and it's on the low-fat menu.

Subway ... eh. It's alright when I'm tired of Quiznos and Jimmy Johns.

JJs ... Turkey Tom.

Taco Bell ... At least they can get drinks right. Most the time. OK, 10 percent of the time.

Burger King ... I love the King. I love his surprising-the-shit-outta-people antics. And I really, really wish I could like the food. But I can't. As was said, the Whopper is about the only option. Cheeseburger is OK too. Long ago, their onion rings were the only I'd have.

Unrelated. Has anyone had Popeye's?

Draft saved Draft deleted