1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Fast Food Joint Around

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Alma, Jun 27, 2007.

?

What's your absolute least favorite?

1. McDonald's

17 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Burger King

11 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Wendy's

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Arbois (Arby's)

8 vote(s)
    8.1%
  5. Any chicken establishment

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. Any pizza establishment

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Any horseshit palace that claims to make a sub sandwich

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  8. Some local/regional monstrosity that never went national

5 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Taco Bell

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  10. Dairy Queen (Their ice cream sucks?)

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  11. Hardee's (Jesus...)

16 vote(s)
    16.2%
  12. Whatever I'm forgetting...

12 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Make your stories gross and funny.

Mine is, unquestionably, Burger King. The last time I was there - the last time I will ever go - was eight, nine years ago. I ordered a $3.00 double cheeseburger with two undercooked strips of the devil's salt they call bacon at that pigsty, two sprinkles of ketchup, and enough mayo (yeah, I fuckin asked for it) to fill one of those air bladders your kid cut out of his old Air Jordans.

So they flame broil these turds, which is code for they're caked in grease sweat when they come off the grill. So much, it turns out, the bottom half of the bun soaks through with whatever charcoal flavored Kool-Aid they spritz on the thing. I took one bite, and, it removed every bad taste I've ever had and set them one place down on the list. It's still at the top, and I've eaten some of that candy people you know bring back from Europe.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Whataburger. No story, food just tasted like shit.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Senior year of high school, on my way to an AP Calc study group. Ordered a couple of cheeseburgers from McD's. Paid with quarters. Got food poisoning. Missed three days of school, including the AP test. Fuck McDonald's.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Taco Bell. I worked there in HS.

I'll tell all the stories once the statute of limitations has expired.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

KFC. No stories... just, KFC...

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Jack in the Box. Funny commercials, though

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Had a McDonald's milkshake one night when I was out with some friends. Got home, went to bed, woke up a few hours later and had some of the nastiest food poisoning type crap coming out from every orafice in my body. Part of it was a stomach virus that was going around a camp I had been helping out at, but to this day I can't have one of their crappy pre-mixed sludgeshakes ever again.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Last KFC I went in, manager had his office in that little sun-domey area of the restaraunt.

I don't go there. I like chicken OK, but I make it fine baked, and every time I drive by the specials on the ugly board are approximately the price of a mortgage payment.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Burger King. I worked there for three years in college. There's only so long a girl can go smelling of that much animal fat. Also, the buns are soggy not solely from the grease, but from the water in the chafing dish used to keep them warm.

I may need to go throw up now.

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

Whataburger and Southern humidity = two great entities

Worst fast food BY FAR I've ever had = Schlotzky's

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I don't live in the south, but after being in the desert for about seven months, I took a trip to Florida. Granted it was March and still in the 70s, but the humidity literally made me happy. It was just nice to feel something besides searing heat. I'm from and am currently in the Northeast. It can be humid as balls here in the summer. For some reason I missed it and still appreciate it.

As for Whataburger, I tried. The burgers were meh and the fries were soggy. I subsisted on Taco Bell, Subway and Ramen, until the one time I somehow forgot to put water in the bowl and nearly started my microwave on fire. (And no, I don't wonder why I don't have a girlfriend.)

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) I don't consider Schlotzsky's fast food.

2) WTF planet do some of y'all live on? ::) Damn, I miss me some turkey and bacon clubs on sourdough from Schlotzsky's.

Draft saved Draft deleted