1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst DVD you own

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Jul 29, 2007.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The wife bought some super pack that contained Lethal Weapon 1, 2 and 3. Leathal Weapon 1 was OK ...

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Probably either Plan 9 from Outer Space or Robot Monster.

I do have Manos: The Hands of Fate, but it's the MST3K version.

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I always knew he was a voyeur.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Caddyshack II

My wife saw it in the discount bin and grabbed it, thinking it was the original. She was horrified when I told her of the mistake.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I have Varsity Blues, man I have never been to Texas but I would bet that the accents in the state are not as bad as the ones in the film.

6. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

"Waxwork/Waxwork 2:Lost in Time" it's a combo DVD. A friend of mine stole it when he was leaving some stranger's house then gave it to me. I watched the first one, but could only make it through about 15 minutes of the sequel.

And for those of you bashing "American History X" and the "Lethal Weapon" series ... may God have mercy on your souls.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Waxwork was actually a very good movie by my accounts, well it's good if you cheesy horror but I do!

And Songbird ... OH DEAR GOD NO!

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

For Christmas one year I asked for the Foreigner Live at 25 DVD. I figured it would be a concert, and everyone here knows how much I love Foreigner.

Oh. My. God. It was the worst thing I've ever seen. The video looks like it was shot by a 15-year-old kid interning at the cable access station *cough* JDV *cough cough*. It looks and sounds like the kid shot the video from the 10th row. The audio is horrendous...as bad as if you or I took a tape recorder, sat in the 10th row and taped it. The "candid" shots are dimly lit shots of the band checking into the Days Inn and third-rate hotels like that.

That alone was depressing enough. But when I saw that Mick Jones didn't even try on the video...cripes. I got abotu halfway thru and quit. It was awful. By far the worst DVD in my collection.

9. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Over the Top - the Stallone arm wrestling movie

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I own the animated version of Return of the King. I'd almost forgotten about that. It is terrible, and I paid for it.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I didn't find that one that bad. I thought the animated Lord of the Rings one was pretty decent despite it never being finished because Ralph Bakshi ran out of money

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Maybe it's the aniimated HObbit that is so terrible and I'm confusing them.

Draft saved Draft deleted